Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Things to be doing in the last few weeks.

I have been thinking about all the things I have been told to do in the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Please add away (or tell me to delete something that is daft)

Last few weeks:

- Drink raspberry leaf tea (to help soften cervix)

- Eat pineapple (To help soften cervix)

- Sleep on your left hand side (according to my pregnany pillow it helps put baby in the right position for labour and can reduce labour pains - so I am all for that but keep forgetting)

- Eat food with omega 3 in (or vitamins) (To help baby's brain and eye development)

- Do pelvic floor exercises.

- Take evening primrose oil (to soften cervix) around 36 weeks - (From pickles)

- Bouncing on a birthing ball

- Little walks

- Massaging evening primrose oil into perineum

- Sex - every couple of days _ tips from Becky and Eve

What else needs to be added??

Jo x

Replies

• Options
    I would start using evening primrose oil, you can either take it or (tmi coming up!) insert the capsual. It helps to soften the cervix ready for labour. I'd start that at around 36 weeks.

Don't get yourself too het up about sleeping on your left side, at this stage in pregnancy being able to sleep in any position is an achievment! Its more important that you get as much rest as possible now.

• Options
    Hi Hun,

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing from baby but I would recommend bouncing on a birthing ball, little walks and massaging the perineum (sp?) every couple if days!

I did all this including the raspberry leaf tablets, eating pineapple once a day and sex every couple of days, I did it on the say so of my MW but really didn't think it would help! How wrong was I!

I had a 3hr 27min labour from start to finish with just gas and air and needed no titches! Not bad for a first pregnancy, also my labour was very positive and pretty amazing!

Hope I've helped! Good luck!

Becky

Xxx
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to say I used evening primrose oil to massage the perineum!

Becky

Xxx
  • Options
    Oh thanks, added to the list.

Oh that sounds the labour I would like Becky - so thanks for those tips.

Oh liking the sex every couple of days tip - that sounds much better then the others - he he.

x x
  • Options
    the only thing id reccommend doing in the last few weeks is sleep sleep sleep! im in no hurry to give birth! :lol: