Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

so much pain with spd, off to docs tomorrow

hey ladies

I am just crippled with pain at the moment. At first it was mostly just pain through the night that eased off once i was up and about in the morning, but now it is constant.

I have such pain in both hips and my pelvis and if i don't take every movement like an 80year woman the pain honestly feels like my bones are going to snap. It is so hard to sleep but the worst thing now is that it is lasting all day.

This weekend my husband has put me on a strict 'do nothing' regime and i am still in agony. Propped up in bed just now and it's moved into my lower back and the whole length of my legs are aching.

I really can't stand the thought of another 6 weeks like this, and the potential that it's just going to continue to get worse like it has done.

My MW isn't really interested so i am going to see the doc tomorrow. I am just so scared he tells me it's just one of those late pregnancy thing and sends me away. To be honest i don't really know what i want him to say, as maybe i should just bear it for the final 6 weeks. Then i am worries it may have an effect on the birth.

Wish me luck for tomorrow ladies!

xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh bless you. Your husband is right looking after you - telling you to rest.

I always worry about that when I go to the docs that they are going to say I am imagining it. - I am sure they will be able to give you something or tell you something to do to help.

Good luck

x x
  • Options
    Hi hun, so sorry you are in pain, Im sure Dr will listen and hopefully do something and if not be strong and request another opinion, I would. Its not right you are in so much pain and just have to put up with it without any help or support. Good luck xx
  • Options
    Just to say that my SPD started a few weeks ago though nowhere near as bad as you're describing. My midwife was very understanding and did me a referral to the physio team at my local hospital. I saw them really quickly and the physio was able to give me some exercises to help improve things. I've also been going to an ante natal yoga class which has really helped. I would def ask your doctor for a physio referral as I think that could really help you.... HTH xx
  • Options
    hope the doc can help hunni, midwife should have refered u straight to physio. hopefully docs will be more useful.

xxx
  • Options
    How funny, mine has really peaked this weekend too. I've been in agony at night but today and yesterday it's been horrendous throughout the day too. We drove to a local park for a walk earlier today and I ended up sitting in the car watching Rob run around the field with the kids because I was in too much pain to play too image

Really hope the dr can help hun.

xxx
  • Options
    I hope the docs can help you more than your midwife. Do you have a belly/back support? I have seen a physio who told me to do less which is totally impossible as I have a very clingy 2 year old and a house to keep, plus Im still working full time. I really miss being able to take my son out for a walk but I just can't, so frustrating! I too was thinking about going to docs to see if there is anything else I could do, but I never seem to have time. I find its worse if Im immobile for any length of time (sitting at desk at work or watching TV in evenings).

Its good that your not ignoring it and trying to do something about it. x
  • Options
    How did you get on hun? image xx
  • Options
    hey ladies

the doctor i saw was brilliant. Recognised it as SPD straight away and could see that it wasn't something that i could be left to cope with. So she called the hospital and i should get a call back tomorrow with an appointment with the physio.

Today has been awful, i've been home alone and really struggled getting up and down. My left hip is so painful i have been in tears just trying to get off the sofa.

Here's hoping i get an appointment pretty quick so this all becomes a bit more managable!

• Options
    Good news hun that Dr listened and something is being done. Hope you get appt soon. xx
  • Options
    glad to hear you got a sympathetic doctor who is doing something for you image xx