Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

35week home visit check today after complaining about midwife :-(.

I had to complain about the level of care I'd recieved from the midwife team, I'm a highrisk Vbac person wanting a waterbirth and to labour at home with a midwife. Because I live 5 mins away i've been given the go ahead with restrictions on it, my complaint was there was no point having restrictions as my midwife was dreadful at keeping up to date with me and monitoring my care, with 5 weeks to go I still have no idea about who to call and what happens when I go into labour as it's all very different in this district to my first pregnancy and labour, I don't even have her mobile number nor did I have labour wards number up until 2 weeks ago when I whent to hospital. now by magic she's visiting today to discuss by birthplan.

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun, hope you are feeling Ok? It is such a shame that midwife care differs so much around this country, I think its an outrage. I had a shocking experience with first visit and they have been better since but didnt give me much trust in my midwifes at all tbh. You should have had all your numbers well in advance, and I would give her a riot today image when you see her, I have seen a different one every time, so much for continuity of care, still at least I have numbers and have been seen regularly, hope visit is beneficial for you xxx
  • Options
    Well my midwife is transformed, I have everything I need and more, just a shame I had to complain to get it and to top it all even the health visitor called this morning to come and see me next week lol.

My baby is a star except for being on the top line the little porker, head is well desented into the pelvis and lying on my left side perfect birthing material. Bless her. oooooooooo Im so excited not long till we meet her now.
  • Options
    OOooh how exciting hun, dont forget my no to text me asap when madam makes an appearance, bet you cannot wait now. xxx
  • Options
    I have your number in my phone image, I am very excited not even worried about the birth now. Just hope she plays ball till the end.x
  • Options
    Im sure she will, im 33 weeks today so a wee while for me yet, although Im getting bag ready and notes ready this week just in case...image, finish work this week too, hooray hooray xxx
  • Options
    So glad things got better today but like you say, such a shame it took a complaint to get you there! xx
  • Options
    finishing work will be fab wonderwoman, I wrote out my list for my hospital bag and tootled off to primark to get my granny pant's, nighties and pj's and although the items were so boring i was so excited to be buying them I was bursting to tell the woman serving " I'm having a baby in 5 weeks" lol.

I'm really buzzing from todays appointment.
  • Options
    Ah thats fab hun, glad you are happy so you should be, not long now.... I have all hospital bag stuff already, have been buying last few months and just need to pack it all, hubby knows where it all is in case of Sudden panic, but Im gonna properly pack on friday after officially leave work image wooo hoo, my theory was as nursery is nearly done and bag is packed I can relax a bit and enjoy time at home and hopefully a nice spring image xxx