Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dragging or what?

Hi ladies, not been on much since went on mat leave as been trying to make myself busy so the time passes more quickly but have failed miserably!

Been pottering about in the garden & doing bits round the house but can never get properly stuck in with a chizler who just started crawling a week ago!!

Anyway, just thought i'd have a good moan about how bloody slow these last 10 weeks are going. I keep fooling myself by saying it's only 5 weeks to full term!

I guess it's worse since I saw my friend Friday & she is having hers (planned section) on 5th April. Arrgggh wish it was me! Feel so fat & uncomfortable & have a terrible cough over a month now.

I am also experiencing the insomnia just like I did towards the end of my last pregnancy - anyone else?

:cry:

Replies

• Options
    Oh I totally sympathise! I cannot sleep either, and I wake up early and can't get back to sleep :cry:. There's so much going on and I think it's the light mornings and the fact that I'm not that active and all the tiredness is from baby not exercise (am real slow nowadays) bad back and hips keep me awake too :/

We may be eating our words in a coupla months, but all I know is NOW I'm bored and sleepy and I too want to fast-forward a little! Moan away hun I will be the first to join you lols image x
  • Options
    I'm with you there, I'm 33 weeks and another 7 weeks (or more) feels like a lifetime! But on the flip side I don't want bubba to come early either as I want him to be well so I know I need to plod on!

Just so uncomfy, can never sleep, belly is huge, braxton hicks are constant, cough won't bugger off and nose is permanently stuffed up!!

The little toddler is really starting to push boundaries too and I'm exhausted just dealing with her. She's becoming rather well acquainted with the naughty spot!! Hubby is working major hours at the mo to build up toil to have extra time off when peanut arrives but it means I'm keeping the house & toddler in check alone!!

Exhausted!!! *she says having just put madam in the naughty spot again*
  • Options
    moan as much as you need!!

im a bad sleeper anyway so this just gets to be a joke when im pregnant :roll: thankfully tho both the boys sleep as soundly as hubby, hopefully this one will too

we have new-ish neighbours one side rather young lads who seem to bring home any girl stupid enough & blast crap 'music' all thru the night (we have a terrace so everything is loud) last night they didnt start 'till 11pm :roll: then @ 2am when it was begining to stir the boys & done the impossible task of waking hubby i was just about ready to kill someone :x

you can even hear the shockingly lame chat up lines, i was so tempted to re-pay the favour this morning at 6am when hubby got up for work but thought it maybe wasnt the best example to set, with the music that is, not the chat up's :lol: .... not sure if i'l have the same opinion once baby has arrived tho!!

with ds1 i worked to his due date just so i didnt get bored, then he was two weeks late :roll: i ended up going back to work for something to do, the boss would go nuts as i was meant to be resting but i just couldnt sit at home it drove me crackers.

its deffo dragging now, i have 5wks left but possibly less depending what they say on monday after my growth scan, i think i'll chill out a bit once i know either way, well i hope i do for everyone else's sake image xx
  • Options
    Yep!! I'm so done with being pregnant! Not sleeping either at night that is but in the day when i'm meant to be working i can't stay awake!

I thing that having everything ready for baby is not helping because i can't do anything else. Well i decided to buy wardrobe and drawers for the nursery now instead of waiting till baby moves into its own room like we planned so hoepfully that will arrive this week so i have something to build and re arrange.

Emma.xx
  • Options
    Yep isnt it just dragging!

theres nothing left to do, seems the last 8 weeks for me are going to be boring,

Well its just down to more cleaning

:roll:
  • Options
    I'm sick of being exhausted and now the broken sleep and night sweats/hot flushes - ugh! Still not wishing time away though so much to do and so busy. I must be the only one hoping these last few weeks don't go too quickly!! image