Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hiccups?

I know this is pretty normal, but how much is normal. He's getting them up to five times a day and they sometimes last for an hour, poor mite.

Is this ok?

R x

Replies

• Options
    They do get hiccups alot in the last few weeks & can last ages so sounds normal to me.
  • Options
    Oh god tell me about it! Mine gets it loads and during the nite too which keeps me awake. I dont like the feeling inside when it has them! xx
  • Options
    My son was very hiccuppy, this one not so much. Even now at age 3 if you make him giggle it's guarenteed hiccups :lol:
  • Options
    Glad it's normal. I feel you hayulz - 4am this morning for me! Not so cute then!!

R x
  • Options
    I remember when I was expecting Abby she seemed to hiccup constantly! Don't worry, there is no limit as to how many times they should get them.

xx
  • Options
    Aww I love it! lol but mine doesnt get it that much atm! When you think they are practising their swallowing with all that water its not surprising really...

One thing to mention though, and it may seem obvious to you but it wasnt with me, lol. DD1 had hiccups alot during my first pregnancy and when she was born she would also have them alot after feeding (and inbetween! LOl) when I asked my health visitor about it all she said was "did she have hiccups in the womb? well then she will outside wont she, its the same baby! (snotty cow! lol)

Anyway I just thought I would mention that for fututre reference, its perfectly normal though and completely harmless! x
  • Options
    totaly normal, my ds1 had them pretty much constantly, i used to feel for him, it never annoyed me but i always thought when u get them yourself they get on your nerves, i imagined it drove him crazy image

ds2 only had them occasionaly but this one is 4 or 5 times a day now

that never happend with mine Spuddy, even if it had it wouldnt of occured to me as like you say in the womb they get it from practising breathing etc... i agree she does sound a snotty cow!! :lol:

i was always told it meant they would have lots of hair....so far thats not been the case either

xxx