Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Havent felt movement as much today

I have felt him, but not as much as on previous days. I know they have quiet days and i've been so busy i've probably missed it but i'd be lying if I said I wasnt a little concerned.

Cant get to the hospital today as i'm alone with Charlotte and hubby wont get home from work till 9pm ish and I dont have anyone else who can have her for me.

Hard to lay down and feel for movements as charlotte has me up and down at the mo for various reasons (plus I need to start making dinner now too).

Why is pg full of worries !! :roll:

Replies

• Options
    If it reassures you at all, mine has quiet days a couple of times a week. I think they're running out of room!

I find poking works quite well now!

I hope you get half an hour to lie down and put your mind at rest.

R x
  • Options
    mine has really quiet periods too, I try not to worry as I have read that they really are beginning to run out of room now. It's hard though waiting till you get that reassuring little wriggle or two. I always find lying in the bath almost gaurantees some action but hard to find time if you already have a lo needing amused I guess! image
  • Options
    Just had a few little wriggles, madam goes to bed shortly so think i'll lay down with a cold drink and see if I can get some more movement.

SS, Charlotte was a bath wriggler but they seem to make peanut go even quieter !

I'll pack some sherbet down me see if the sugar rush wakes him up !
  • Options
    Good idea sitting and waiting for tummmy to move. I had a fizzy drink and that got baby really wriggling once, cold drinks I think are supposed to be a good one to.
  • Options
    I just ate one of those old Refresher sherbert bars and baby went nuts! I am sure your little one is just having a rest hun, preparing himself for the big day and saving up some energy. I also find my bubs will have a good wriggle if I poke my tummy button :lol: xx
  • Options
    aww hunny i know how worried these quiet days can get us, i hope he has had a big reassuring wriggle for you x
  • Options
    Oh yes he's making up for it today, practically bounced me off the bed earlier he was moving so much!! One of my cats is determined to sit on my belly but keeps getting booted off & he gives me evils like I'm doing it!!! :lol:
  • Options
    glad to hear it!

I have a rather active baby at the moment too... my stomach looks like something out of Alien with various limbs being poked out!

• Options
    I'm having a quiet one now :roll:

He moves in an angry way when I poke him but that's all I've had today. Noone tells you the worry starts before theyre even born image

Glad he's back to his usualy wriggly self for you!

R x