Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

It's all gone a bit quiet - call mw?

Just laying in bed and thinking I haven't felt any decent movement from peanut today. I've had some weak feeling wriggles but nothing like usual. Dunno whether to call mw or not?

Replies

• Options
    could be a quiet day, but if u worried defo phone her. its what shes there for image xxx
  • Options
    funny enough, mine been quiet today. so i sat down made a coffee and gave it 5. layed down on side on sofa as this usually provokes movemnt and sure enough she was all over place, its commen as they get bigger with less room, but truist your instincts!
  • Options
    Hi

My midwife advised a cold drink or caffeine and then laying very still for 30 minutes to see if that stimulates baby.

If not then ring.image
  • Options
    I would try a fizzy drink or coffee. The other thing that gets them moving is putting something very cold against your stomach or warm. I rested a warm mug of tea on my stomach the other day and baby moved like a mad thing!

If you're still concerned definitely phone your midwife. xx
  • Options
    Get a cold drink down you & a sugary snack if nothing i'd phone midwive
  • Options
    Same as ladies suggest, Can of cold coca cola usually does it,bit of chocloate and lay on side. mine was v quiet on Sunday so went and lay down and then counted 10 movements in hour which is what M/W suggested. If nothing I would call assesment unit, thats what my M/W said to do so they can put CTG on to reassure you and them. Mine said not to even go thru her but hospital direct.
  • Options
    I had this a couple of weeks ago and ended up in the day assessment unit being monitored. The advice is to have a cold drink and lie down for an hour and count any movements however slight. You should feel 10 movements in an hour (apparently). If you don't want to wait and you're worried then call your midwife and get yourself checked out. I'm sure all is fine and baby is just having a chilled out and quiet day image Let us know how you get on xx
  • Options
    Well been chewing on ice & have managed to illicit movement out of him, phew! Just was unusual for him to be so quiet for so long. At least he's moved now.
  • Options
    Yes, it's getting to the stage now when it's more difficult for them to squiggle about. Altho I was worried like you for a day, then next day SQUIGLE SQUIGLE SQUIGLE SQUIGLE! And now I have feet in my ribs again, baby still 2/5ths engaged, but I have a long baby apparently :roll: gah!

If you do worry tho, ring, you know your baby better than anyone x