Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My bits are swollen!

I don't beleive it! ANOTHER thing to add to the list of painful & uncomfortable side affects!

I went to my nans funeral today & my bits felt so sore, when I got home and inspected it's as though my knickers have actually cut into the skin.

I had to look down there through a mirror as bump is in the way & to my horror everything is swollen.

Hubby googled this & apparently it is common due to increased blood flow to the area.

It sounds like this is why my knickers have cut in - cos my foof is too big!!!

Arrrgghhh, anyone else? Please make me feel better!

I want to cry, i've only just got shut of my piles!!!!

:cry:

Replies

• Options
    Oh Hun, no fun is it,and sounds like you have had major crap day too.... I dont even have swollen bits or well I may have but cant see and I am wearing big BJ knickers that are 5 sizes too big(apple catchers)so would have to mega swollen to cut into me. The end is in sight, 2 days of April left then Its our Month, have warm bath and try n relax. big hug, hope you feel better tomorrowxx
  • Options
    Hi

I have this too, my midwife said it's water retention and that's the lowest place it will find to sit and that is what causes the swelling, mine goes down if I sit down or lay down and is at it's worst when I go to the toilet.

Hope that makes you feel better, I was horrified when I first saw mine, wouldn't let hubby near me and all he wanted to see is why I was crying so much, hormones eh, don't you just love them image
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same as deanswife, it feels like I've been hit in the crotch with a cricket bat when I sit down on the loo or lay down!

xx
  • Options
    Yes I am too, all swollen, soft and squidgy down there! Lovely. I'm trying to convince myself it's a labour sign! image
  • Options
    Oh noes!! Mine are a little bigger, but after having an orgasm last night they were HUGE! Poor hubby thought he'd injured me as I waddled and found it hard to sit down. I was like, no, quite the opposite lol!

I am wearing large LARGE knickers too, really wish they'd make cheaper maternity knickers as they don't fit my bottom :roll:
  • Options
    sorry to jump in when in not due in may but mine have done this been worrying all week, so glad when i read im not the only one felt too silly asking anyone if it was normal x
  • Options
    Yep all swollen here too! Oh the joys!!
  • Options
    Yup me too...tmi- but my OH was shaving 'down there' and he said that i was swollen too, he said it didn't look awful, just like i had alot of pressure pushing down on my bitsimagexxx