Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bloody Show!!!!

Just had a big globby mucous lump with brown blood through so hopefully things are moving along! Been losing streaks of clear plug for a few days but this is the first big blood tinged lump. Oooh could things start soon?!

Also been having period like cramping all night but not painful. Having my sweep in a few hours too. So hope things are going to happen!!!!!! xx

Replies

• Options
    Wahoo!!!! really hope this is the start of it for you hon image ooh, all excited now - keep us updated!! xxxx
  • Options
    wooooooo! come on baby! good luck hun xxx
  • Options
    Good luck hun, hope little once arrives soon image
  • Options
    Sounds promising good luck hun - hopefully we'll have another May BA soon xx
  • Options
    Yaaaay *crosses all appendages* ^_^
  • Options
    Sounds like you could be meeting baby tonight, woo hoo! xx
  • Options
    Hurrah! Sounds really promising.

I'm glad one of us is on the move chick. I have no 'signs' whatsoever.

I'm going to go in the bath now & drown myself!
  • Options
    I was all excited and now been brought down to earth with a huge bump! Saw mw for sweep and she said a bloody show was good news and showed things were moving along. Then she gave me a sweep and said i'm 3cm and very stretchy but bubba's head still not engaged at all!! She seems to think if bubs head doesn't engage I won't go into active labour and is questioning why it's not engaging. :cry: Had the same issue with DS not engaging, was induced and had em c-section. Argh thought it was all looking good!!!!
  • Options
    When I had my sweep I was told I was 3cm, very stretchy, etc etc and very favourable to pop soon - but baby wasn't fully engaged so needed a little bit more pressure downwards to kick things off so go for long walks and keep upright as much as possible. So I assumed it was baby being partly engaged that had made me dilate. As SF said you can't be dilated unless baby is exerting pressure in some way surely? Sounds very strange to me! Hmmm... might have to go look on google... xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance girls! I don't think she did a proper sweep yesterday with bubs not being engaged but she could just manage to get to cervix. Bubs was 1/5th engaged for about 2 days last week! I can tell it's quite high now tho. Boo hoo. I think she's thinking that cos the growth scan showed bubs has a large head circumference and my DS did too and wouldn't engage that there may be an issue. Impossible to tell for sure tho! But I know you can go into labour even without bubs being engaged. I've tried everything to get things going now!

Time is running out for me tho. C-section booked for tomorrow as can't face an induction like my last one. Really thought I would have popped by now though! Oh well at least i'll meet bubs very soon! x
  • Options
    Oh wow you're having baby tomorrow?! Huge amounts of good luck then hon!!!! xxxxx