Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! I want another already?

I find myself wanting another baby already Emily is 6 nearly 7 weeks old, any body else have these thoughts? have I lost the plot? image

Replies

• Options
    Cant't say i had those feelings straight after. But my children are 11 months apart. It was not planned that way but has worked out quite well. Only thing is if you are really considering it may lessen the quality time you have to enjoy Emily.
  • Options
    I would say yes you've lost it :lol: but dd is only 15 days so we're still at that early crazy stage and not even thinking about it!
  • Options
    G/C as saw this on the side bar. Our dd's are 13 months apart, I got broody at almost the same stage you're at now. DD2 is now 17 weeks, which is around the same age DD1 was when I fell pregnant again. I would have another in a heart beat were it not for bad SPD both times and hubby's reluctance to have any more. You're not mad, I call it maternal instinct kicking inimage xx
  • Options
    Hi hun

Theo and Lily are just under 10 months apart and let me tell you it was haaaaard work! Not just when Lily was born but the pregnancy was horrendous. In the first trimester when your completley exhausted and just want to sleep its just so difficult! Theo wasn't sleeping through until I was 7 months pregnant and then Lily came a month early, probably due to the constant stress! I had pre-eclampsia and leaving Theo to go into hospital on bedrest was heart breaking because he was still just a baby himself. When Lily came along poor little Theo didn't know what had hit him!

If its what you really want then go for it but as much as I love them I wouldn't recommend having them so close together. Its a huge strain on your body too, it needs a chance to rest.

• Options
    I would say you are crazy!!! I have no desire to be pregnant again, ever!! Lol.
  • Options
    When I had ds1 I was having my stitches done when I told hubby I wanted another image Fortunately he didn't agree and it took a while to convince him. We have a 2 and half year gap between our boys. In hindsight I wouldn't have wanted such a small gap but each to their own!! This time I know we are definitely done and won't be having more!
  • Options
    Well as much as I'd like one more hubby says not on gods earth. and certainly not anytime soon. a few more sleepless night's and i'm sure I'll be cured for a while. x
  • Options
    G/C from DIS but I went from having DD and saying 'Never again' to when can we start ttc the next one in a very short space of time. As I was BFing we decided to wait for 9mths before actively trying though and DD and her sibling will be 21mths apart in age which works for us quite nicely.
  • Options
    I know what you mean, I am broody again but I just want to be pregnant again, I know I dont want any more children but the very strong feelings of wanting to become pregnant agin are so strong

we have both said that we dont want any more

carnt stop these feelings, i wish someone would press the switch and turn the them off :roll:
  • Options
    Thats the thing, I think its something you just eventually learn to live with. The idea of never being pregnant or having a newborn again is horrible but I know we can't afford any more children and I do want a career at some point. When Freddy starts full time school I'll only be 27 so have plenty of time to do the whole career thing and having more children would hold that up. I don't think I'll ever stop feeling broody but I just need to learn to live with it and make the most of having little ones now.

xx
  • Options
    I know how you feel as i'm the same image I loved being pregnant, wasn't so keen on labour though and for the first couple of weeks was adamant I wouldn't have any more ever again lol but now i'm starting to feel differently! my sis had a baby on Friday and the difference between my niece and Gracie is amazing, Gracie has really come on in this last five weeks and is already growing up so quickly! unfortunatley tho i think i will have to wait a while before having another as i need to finish uni and then also find a job and be in it long enough to qualify for maternity pay! Also need a bigger house! xxxxx
  • Options
    Ooh blimey! I love Peter dearly but the thought of another one so soon absolutely horrifies me! I'm the opposite to you babypusher - I'd would really like another child (eventually) but I don't want to be pregnant again! I didn't even have a bad time in pregnancy, it just wasn't something I relished.
  • Options
    Ooh blimey! I love Peter dearly but the thought of another one so soon absolutely horrifies me! I'm the opposite to you babypusher - I'd would really like another child (eventually) but I don't want to be pregnant again! I didn't even have a bad time in pregnancy, it just wasn't something I relished.
  • Options
    You're not crazy, I want another one and

Harry is same age. Hubby isnt sure he wants another one as he feels he's losing his freedom and another one would put that on hold for longer. image he then said maybe we should wait 7 or 8 years then have another... Surely that's going to delay his freedom all the more?! Daft b*gger! Xx
  • Options
    You're not mad hunni, I'm kinda feeling the same :lol: My body really doesn't like being pregnant and we already have Abi who is nearly 2.5yrs and Finnlagh who is only 8 weeks, but for some reason I find myself feeling broody again image My dh is adamant that we're having no more kids and I don't think I could go through another pregnancy and all the sleepless nights, but then again I don't like the idea of never having another baby.
  • Options
    I kind of know what you mean. I have no desire to be pregnant again for a long time but I do find myself thinking that i would like another baby at some point! Not now tho!! I can't imagine this being our last, that thought makes me really sad. Hopefully we will have another but i don't mind waiting quite a while!! x
  • Options
    i must admit if we were'nt quite careful enough id be glad to fall with number 4 right now ..... but that does fade with me until around 18m then im desperate again, but if i got past 2yrs with Rebekah i wouldnt want to go back into baby stage

id rather have them close & in one go!!

my older brother & sis-in-law have just had a girl (on fathers day) and their boys are 8&9 !!...now thats crazy :lol:
  • Options
    Mazie my sis had a baby Jan 10 when her two were 8 and 6 and then had her 4th last Friday! So she now has a nearly 10 yr old, 7 yr old, 1 yr old and 4 day old! Its crazy lol xxx
  • Options
    OMG no no no, I couldnt even comprehend it, as I was being stitched up after EMx C section they told me to try and wait a year just for everything to heal, I looked at them bewildered. I dont miss being pregnant at all really and maybe may change mind but dont think so at all imagelol xxx
  • Options
    wow mummykate that sure is !!

i have a feeling this will be their last as she is a girl they've had her name planned since they started dating (about 15yrs ago now) my sis-in-law hit 30 this year & my bro thinks he's too old (he's only 34 :lol: ) .... but she is one of 11 children so who knows image