Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bathing baby!

hi, just wondering when you mummies bath your little ones, every day or less regular? luckily, hope loves her bath and the infacare we use is brill for her skin, i just don't do it every day :/ i tend to go for every couple of days and wipe her if she has no bath, but should i be bathing her every day?xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi we do ever night, Daddy likes to do it and like you LO loves bathtime and kicks and trys to smile now so it is a lovely time. We started to do it about 10 days after being born every night so eventually it will form part of bed time routine, and we have swapped to boots own sensitive range which is fabulous for her skin and very mild. I think it is just personal preference really and the books say every few days but if LO likes it and gives nice gentle thorough clean then why not.... image xx
  • Options
    Holland is only 3 weeks today and her umbilical cord still hasn't healed fully so we're waiting on that to give her a full bath. We do a sponge bath every second or third day with face and bum in between when necessary. She doesn't like a sponge bath but I'm hoping she'll like a proper bath, then like WW we'll put it into her bedtime routine. The books say unless baby gets sweaty there is no need to bath them everyday until they are crawling around on the floor getting dirty.
  • Options
    we do every other night so both boys get a bath together. jacks got really sensitive skin and josh is seems to aswell so any more than every other day their skin starts getting irritated.

is definitely personal preference though i think

xxx
  • Options
    We do it every other night as we do with DS1. DS1 has suffered from eczema so we don't like to do it too frequently. Daddy does bath night with both boys. They don't need a bath every day but if it's part of the bedtime routine then there's no harm in it. xx
  • Options
    Hiya, we bath Gracie every night as it's part of her night time routine (bath, bottle, bed) but some days if we have been out or whatever, she will miss it but not very often xxx
  • Options
    every other day is fine image i used to do the same
  • Options
    aww cool thanks ladies, she decided the bath was a good place to poo yesterday so maybe not as clean as i thought hahahaha!xx
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha love it, My LO poo'd over me whilst I was cleaning up the wee from changing mat and it went all over our new carpet....arrrgggghhhhhh lol xxx
  • Options
    Oh yes poop and wee come when the nappy is off! I have washed the changing mat at least 10 times already and she's only 22 days! I've just ordered 2 extra ones!