Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

routine/day time napping

although kendra is only 10 weeks,she is up/down in the day. she wont nap for long.she wakes alot.do you keep them with you/put in own room in day for naps? i feel weird leaving her as still so young.

Replies

• Options
    Our DS tends to dose on and off through the day in his bouncer chair downstairs with us when we're home. Except after 7am bottle when I put him back into moses basket to sleep and I go downstairs with DD for breakfast.

He has a sort of nap routine - tends to sleep through most of morning, only awake for bottles, dressing/nappy changes and brief chats! He has about another 3-4 hours over the remainder of the day until we go to bed at 10pm in roughly 1 hour chunks 30 mins after bottles.

We're just about to start putting him up to bed at 8 in evenings so he'll be on his own upstairs until we go to bed, we have a monitor for him tho.

I used to put DD in cot for her nap from around 4 months I think. I'll probably start doing this for DS when we put him in his own room in next few weeks as he's outgrowing moses. I might start putting him down once in morning and once in afternoon.

I think it's fine to put them upstairs by themselves if you have a monitor.