Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early Scan

I have today booked an early private scan and am very excited although its not until 1st October. By then I should hopefully be 7 and a half weeks all being well.

Anyone else booked one?

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Jacobsmummy

I have also booked an early scan coincidentally on the 1st October too image

I wasn't sure about having one as i didnt want to jinx anything but as soon as i had it in my head that the option was available i gave in and booked it.

I will be 8+1 when i have it if my dates are right, the main decider was that i am going on holiday (flying) and wanted one on my return to check everything was ok.

This is my first pregnancy and i am worrying about everything not least my flight! :?

• Options
    Hi Pondering,

We will be 8 or 8+1 then too! How bizarre! But as I have a long cycle (32 days) I thought I would be back dated a little! Whereabouts are you? Do you mind me asking how much yours is costing?

xx
  • Options
    I am in the south image you?

The scan is costing ??100 which i thought was quite expensive but i suppose its a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I have 28 day cycles and this is my first pregnancy, so i am a bag of nerves!

• Options
    We are in Essex and its ??70.

We had one every week with our son from 5 to 14 weeks! We were so worried!! So know the feeling! x
  • Options
    Nice to know that i am not the only worrier image

We are flying at 7 weeks and was booked a long time ago but doenst stop me worrying about it even though the i spoke to the midwife who said it was fine.

• Options
    How much is the scan hun?

I want one too but feel like they are too expensive when I already have a little girl that I should be buying Christmas presents for.

The cheapest one I've seen is ??80.

Xx
  • Options
    Our one is ??70. Dont know whreaabouts in country you are but we are going in Essex. xx
  • Options
    JacobsMummy, where in Essex is your scan? I was thinking about going to the East London Baby Bond, but its ??100. I live in East London, so can travel to parts of Essex easily.
  • Options
    We are going to Canvey Island, it was called Essex Ultrasound. Which is a bit of a trek from me but the people there are really nice and its onlt ??70. I went to Chelmsford Baby Bond and they didnt have the internal scanner and were very unsympathetic so I wouldnt recommend there.

As I am being so impatient we are now going on 24th September now instea

xxd
  • Options
    Oooh on Friday! Let us know how it goes!