Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st Consultant apt :)

I had my first consultant apt at the hospital today image I am gonna be looked after image I will be having frequent bp checks frequent urine tests and lots of scans!! I will have my anomaly 20 week scan another at the foetal health clinic at 23 weeks and 3 growth scans at 28/32/36 weeks x i feel much more confident about things now even tho i have been told I am High risk of developing pre-eclampsia again i know they are gonna monitor me lots ! I am also having to take aspirin once a day till 36 weeks x wow all worth it tho xxx image

Replies

• Options
    I have an appointment wednesday, wasn't sure what to expect. Really good news they're looking after you so well. I have been taking aspirin too.
  • Options
    She was shocked the mw hadn't started me on it already image But as all is fine atm no harm done image good luck on weds will be interesting to see how the care compares in different areas xxximageimage
  • Options
    glad you appt went well carlyfee and there looking after you soo well image

mines with my 20week scan and im a bit nervous about it as had lots of complications with Evie and a really traumatic birth so dont no what to expect with this baby luckily though theyve managed to book me in with the consultant that delivered Eve soo hopefully he can put my mind at rest lol

xx
  • Options
    I also had a very traumatic birth with Aiden X I have been kind of reassured that just because that happened last time it doesn't mean it will again x and they will do everything in there power to prevent it happening again x I hope u too get plenty of reassurance xxx not long now till 20 weeks xx it'll fly by xxx