Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cravings

Has anyone had any cravings yet? I remembered the other day how I used to crave steak for dinner and also cut up lemons and eating them, it reminded me how much I loved them so started craving them again! I'm sure it is nothing to do with this pregnancy just a reminder but now I want steak and lemons again all the time (not at the same time lol) x

Replies

• Options
    Now I fancy a nice juicy steak cooked medium/rare, but think it will be a while till I'm aloud that again lol. X
  • Options

I can't eat anything citrus, I've gone completely off orange juice - I can't even face an apple. I had a craving last week, all week - Not exactly healthly but I HAD to have a KFC. Best KFC I've had, I enjoyed it so much!!

• Options

I have completely gone off sweet stuff, so strange as I have a bit of a sweet tooth normally. Also can't stand a smell of fried food, makes me want to be sick.

All I want to eat is stuff like : bread, cheese, eggs, pasta, marmite...   I am not sure they are cravings, I am just liking more of savoury kinda food.

My friend has told me that craving sweet foods means you are having a girl and savoury a boy? Old wives tales course but what do you ladies think? lol xx

• Options
    Ooooo yes marmite! I've been eating lots of that, with a nice glass of cold milk image I'm eating a lot more bread than I ever have, so making sure its a nice granary one. I'm struggling to eat fruit which I'm a little worried about although eating plenty of fresh veg and salad.

Really struggling with cigarette smoke. Not a nice smell at the best of times but can't stand sitting next to someone that's been on a cigarette break! And have completely gone off alcohol! Which is a good thing really but the thought of a glass of wine makes my stomach turn!

I had my first midwife app yesterday and she said a lot of feeling sick, especially in the afternoon is blood sugar levels. I may have to eat more ginger biscuits!

Glad everyone's getting on well!

xx