Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Flu jab

Hi ladies Had my first midwife appointment on monday and they are offering the flu jab but I'm not sure how I feel about it, wasn't offered it when pregnant with DS. Do you think you will have it? Xxx

Replies

• Options
    I wasn't offered it wit my dd, but like you I got offered it this time around, my sisters have also had it and all been fine, no reactions or side effects. I think I'm goin to have it done, as really don't like the thought of having flu whilst pregnant. Better safe than sorry. X
  • Options
    Oh that's good to know they haven't had any side effects, I probably will have it too! Saw on the news this morning they are on about a whooping cough jab too from 28 weeks something else to consider!

Xxx
  • Options

I saw that too....oh the joy!

I think I will have it...but I might change my mind.

x

• Options
    Hi guys...I'm due in May 2013 and have been offered the flu jab. I will definitely be taking the jab since I had Swine Flu when I was last pregnant, and our baby son had to be delivered by emergency c-sec at 37 weeks as a result of my illness in Dec 2009. I was then in a coma (on a ventilator) for 8 days. However all ended well and I met our little one when he was 10 days old. I wouldn't push anyone to take the flu jab since everyone had their own views and I refused to take it the first time round- but I would advise u to do whatever u can to avoid catching flu while pregnant. Sorry for preaching, this is just a topic close to our hearts (and I really don't want anyone else to go through what we went through) xxx
  • Options

Lellykins, thanks for the advice....you have persuaded me! I also mentioned it to my sis and she is an ICT nurse and she said when swine flu hit, it was pregnant woment that got admitted the most. Glad to hear that it all went well for you in the end...

Thanks.

• Options
    Omg lellykins, so pleased your experience had a happy ending.

I too had it offered. Think I'll take them up on the offer.

J x
  • Options
    Oh thanks for your kind words lovelies. All's well that ends well! Very nervous this time round but as hubby says, lightning surely can't hit us twice image Off for an early scan tomorrow image xx
  • Options

Lellykins thank you for sharing this. I really wasn't sure about the flu jab either but you have definitely changed my mind.

Glad all went well for you in the end and best of luck ith your early scan today image

Let us know how it went. xxx

• Options
    Lellykins as the others have said thank you for sharing really glad you had a positive ending but you have 100% made my mind up for me xxx
  • Options
    Gate crashing from due in April, got my flu jab last week, decided to take it as got flu with first pregnancy and it was horrible, could barely move or speak for about two weeks, figured its given to kids and people with under lying health issues, its gotta be pretty safe, plus ive had no issues getting any other immunisations for me or my DS and there was prob more risk with them! pleased to report no side affects, have had slight sniffles but blaming my DS for that, he has a cold, had a bit of a sore arm for a couple of days but apart from that feel normal, well as normal as I can being a pregnant lady x