Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

growth spurt ?

Hi

Just wondered if anyone else's LO's are feeding and eating more ? Ty has never drained a bottle in one sitting in his life, but is now draining his 7oz bottles, upped it to 9oz and still draining them and waking for food at night (still), amd moving back onto hungry baby to see if this helps at all, just wondered if it was an age thing...

sarah

Replies

• Options
    Olivia had a big growth spurt from 7-8 months and that month she grew 7cms! From 8-9 months she only grew 1cm, I know Tyler must be at the age now where he is due for a growth spurt, Olivia did eat a little more but she became really unsettled for a few nights now her appetite has really increased though that she has passed the growth spurt and I can't seem to fill her!!
    Today she had
    breakfast-adult size portion of porridge and a 7oz bottle
    midmorning-jelly pot
    Lunch-bowl of minted peas with redcurrents, organic rusk, 2 yougurts and a slice of toast
    Dinner-I gave her a jar (bad mummy lol) and she had half a jar of lentils and mixed vegetables and an organic rusk and a 7oz bottle!
    She is such a greedy gulpin!! She only weighs 17lbs 8ozs! where does it all go! :lol:
  • Options
    Dylans eating like a pig :lol: well bar this evening when for the first time since I can remember he didn't finish his tea, but I think (hope) he's teething!

He only has 2 9oz bottles a day as he point blank refuses any in the day but he's upped how much of these he takes too and Ty is only a few days older than Dylan so im expecting them both to shoot up with all this food :lol:

I had him weighed today, its been a month and he's gained 13oz's, and is following the 75th perfectly so even though he's wolfing down food he doesn't appear to be getting fat so it must be normal!

xx
  • Options
    Now I'm starting to worry .... had Freddie weighed this week and he's 16lb 3 he's been falling below his line now since 18 weeks and was only 9th centile to start with. I'm sure it's because he's not taking his milk ... how can I persuade him? Should I be worried? Been no sign of a growth spurt here ...

xx

• Options
    Isabelles on the 75th to em, I get confused by this does this mean if you lined all the kiddies up that they would be taller than 75% of them? Lol I have no idea xx
  • Options
    Now I'm starting to worry .... had Freddie weighed this week and he's 16lb 3 he's been falling below his line now since 18 weeks and was only 9th centile to start with. I'm sure it's because he's not taking his milk ... how can I persuade him? Should I be worried? Been no sign of a growth spurt here ...

xx

I wouldnt worry hun, did the HV say anything? He might just not fancy his milk? Or is he teething? Isabelle goes off her milk when teething?
  • Options
    Yes he's teething! First one arrived this week. And it's mainly at nursery he won't take milk, and he won't take a bottle mid morning (will gladly have a bf tho which I'm trying to avoid as he won't be able to have that at nursery!) Spoke to 2 HV's and all they ask is what he's eating and say oh fine and about his lack of milk one said to offer water or juice instead and the other said milk in a beaker... I generally ignore them to be fair!!

• Options
    Welsh hun don't worry Freddie looks like he's thriving! Dylans not a great milk drinker usually and takes less than the recommended amount for his age 9 days out of 10. If he doesn't want it he doesn't want it you could try more food if he'll take it?

But he looks to be doing brilliantly the lines are just a guide each babies different

xxx
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry, Olivia is only 1lb heavier and I get people telling me either that she is massive or tiny, personally I think she is tiny but I don;t mind she is still wearing 3-6 clothes and turned 9 months yesterday. Freddie is just a little man and he will catch up!
  • Options
    What is it with people commenting on babies size? If I hear oh hes a big boy isn't he or hes only 7/8 months?! again I may poke them in the eye!!!

• Options
    Ooooh I love you lot! Thanks girls, so easy to worry tho isn't it?

Ye we're still in 3-6 month clothes too! He's got some bigger T shirts but the bigger trousers fall straight down or he crawls out of them!

He's already Freddie 2 puds. will try and up his savoury intake too I think

Much hugs to you all xxx
  • Options
    thats really funny welsh - we call toby "toby 2 puds"

We have the opposite problem in that we cant seem to fill him up - he is on 91st centile but was way past 98th. He looks like a toddler - he will def get served in a bar before his 18th!

I think freddie is perfect - i would love to give him a big squidgey cuddle - and unless he seems unhappy in himself i wouldnt be worried - he is PERFICK! x
  • Options
    Lol Summer! Toby 2 puds has a better ring to it - he's been back to Freddie farty pants today!!

He's eaten next to nothing all day - his one tooth appears to be driving him nuts. So until he's feeling better I'm not going to worry

Summer hun if you're ever oop North give us a shout and you can a squillion squidgey cuddles if I can have big cwtch with Toby xx
  • Options
    well mason is a big lad weighed 21lb few weeks ago so god know what he is now! he doesnt like his milk, even when wakes at 5.30 and refusses to go back to sleep he doesnt want milk just wants out of cot - doesnt have bottle till 7.30 even then i have to pin him down and only usually manage to get 4oz at a push! then he has a bot at around 3ish again a bit of fight unless hadnt ate lots at lunch, then bedtime bot but he screams and fighs it doenst want it i just push to get as much as can in so usually a day he has 14oz max!

eating he went through a stage last week of eating loads, trying anything and eating mega lumpy stuff but this week gone off stuff will eats jars stage 2 and jelly, custard, fruit pots etc and snacks but no teeth so just sucks toast etc!

• Options
    Im soooo glad you wrote this post.

Hubby had this convo this morning. Z the last two nights has been awful. He has upped his bottles back too 6 bottles for no apparent reason. The worst thing is he mainly has them during the night. He pretty much refuses all day to have any milk so I am walking around with match sticks in my eyes again. Feel like I have a newborn!!!
    8am He has Cheerios although how many he has are debatable!!!
    10am Raisins and apple
    12pm cheese on toast or what ever we are having
    2pm Bottle 6oz
    4pm rice cakes or Go ahead bar
    6pm Dinner (what ever we are having)
    7pm Bedtime bottle 12oz (yes really I have to do 2 bottles)
    10.30pm bottle 6oz
    2am bottle 6oz (added last 2 days)
    5.30am bottle 6oz (added last two days)

Im exhausted but am glad he is not the only one who seems to have suddenly increased his appetite.

Z also goes right off food when he is teething and is sooooooo fussy right now. Breakfast is such a struggle he seems to hardly eat anything. He was eating yoghurt's etc with a pre loaded spoon but now he just waves the spoon around and refuses to eat it.
    Fingers crossed he sorts it all out soon.

Z seems to be bigger than all of the Nov babes lol he is 23lb and wearing size 12- 18 months!!! eeeekk

xxx