Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO xMariax

Hi honey how are u feeling?

I just read your post on Second Time Mums and had to write u a wee message!

We are currently TTC our 2nd and obviously would be overjoyed to fall soon as we are all for the small age gap.

I think its appauling the way some people act when a 2nd pregnancy is announced. There is nothing less special or less exciting than the first! I think they are all seceretly jealous that your lo's will be so close when they are older and theres a lot to be said for getting all the sleepless nights out the way in a few years!

I only relised how negative people could be when I told my MIL that a friend of ours is expecting her 2nd - there will be a 15 month age gap and she went "Owwwwhhhh" and made this horrible face!!!!!

I got soooo defensive and said welll I think its lovely they will be so close. She started going on about how irresponsible it was! God I wish I was pregnant just to see her face lol!

So anyway big hugs for u honey and anytime u want a rant about these stupid people please just let us know!

Hopefully I will be joining u very soon

Joanna and Conall xxx

Replies

• Options
    OMG ive just gone and read it (very nosey lol)

now its noones business what age gap you have and in my opinion from experience the smaller the better i said to hubby the other night if i hadnt had bad pelvis after ds2 i would have had DS3 straight away rather thatn waiting there is a 3 year age gap between them and again i would have had toula straight away too as smaller age gaps far easier. ds1 and ds2 are the best of friends like the same things understand each other etc its great there is 15mths between them.

the worst thing i got was when ds2 was born everyone gave me nappies and wipes (dont get me wrong they r useful) and said didnt know what to get you as ytou already have everything and same sex when i had ds1 the hosp was full of visitors at one point i had so many i was asked to go to the day room with ds2 i had 1 people sent messages saying see you when you get home i was gutted. and then the comments started you going to get steralized? no more you have enough etc etc be happy with what you have grrrrr this was from friends/family and HV Midwife wanted to me to have more and said to me when signed me off see you in few years lol. i said i hadnt decided if having anymore but i wanted more i would have them, i hate that people think they can have an opinion.

unfortunently it gets worse more you have and with toula i had my brothers saying i wouldnt cope etc i said if they came and helped me physically or finacially i would respect their opinion but as they dont then they have no right!! i cope perfectly well and to be honest the more ive had the easier it gets (for me anyway)

anyway ive rambles on far to long, you enjoy its wonderful and ignore people.
  • Options
    apologies for my spelling its awful!!
  • Options
    bump for u Maria x
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Maria,

No we havent told MIL yet and I'm debating when to tell at the moment.

I would like to wait and keep it our little secret for a few weeks purely because we didnt get a chance to do that last time as we had a little scare when I was about 6 weeks and ended up having to tell. I'm not supersticious about the 12 weeks I think whatever happens happens.

We have a family do tommorrow and it will be the perfect opportunity for her to start bitching about another family member who is in the same position but has told everyone. She thinks its ridiculous that this person will have a 16 month gap - Ha ha I will have a 14 month gap!!!

In a way I cant wait to tell her to shut her up for our friends sake as much as ours and I'm all ready with the come back as like u say it was very much planned.

I am in a job I dont love but am there because when I qualified in the job I love (Modern Studies Teacher) there were and are still no jobs even being advertised. Our thinking was have our 2 bubbas while at mu current job then look at going back to teaching when I'm ready. then no long break needed and I can build a "career" for myself while hubby then goes PT at his job.

I'll probably end up telling her just out of pure annoyance lol!

I'm also worried about telling my dad. He is the most lovely supportive man in the world its just I think he will worry for us financially. However when they are babies there wont be much difference as I see it - new mattress for moses, double buggy and a new steriliser. Depending on the sex some clothes but thats about it!

I told my best friend today who I am bridesmaid for in August and she was over the moon. I felt I had to tell her in case it upset any wedding plans but she was so supportive and excited I could have cried. Thats made me feel a bit better and we will see how the rest go in the coming weeks.

I cant believe the way your In Laws have been with legal agreements and all that crap. What a nightmare!!! I really shouldnt be moaning as mine are lovely just very interfering and opinionated!!!

Like u say these are OUR choices and NOT theirs!!!

Anytime u need to chat honey just let me know and dont let the buggers get u down!!! They are the ones who will loose out in the end not getting to see your precious babies!

Joanna xxx