Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mother's Day

Evening ladies - feel free to tell me to shut up if you think I'm over reacting but I was soooo looking to Mother's Day this year until I checked out OH's shift pattern grrrr rant alert ...

As I did in January I'm off to my mum's for his next run of night shifts (then don't have to worry about keeping Freddie quiet while he's in bed and so I get a little bit of help with Freddie and it's nice for my mum who loves 200 miles away and doesn't see Freddie as often as she'd like) I could deal with being there for my birthday as it's no big deal BUT Freddie and I will be in Wales for Mothers Day and I wanted to spend it as a family. Mum thinks it's wonderful as she gets to have us there but I'm gutted.

Am I being over sensitive and silly? Think tiredness might be getting to me ...

Welsh xx

Replies

• Options
    No I can understand why you feel like this, its your first mother's day and of course you want to spend it as a family. Is there any way that your hubby can book the day off on annual leave or anything?
  • Options
    Thanks for replying hun, I feel like a bit of a spoilt brat for wanting my own way! He won't take time off especially Sunday as he gets double time and it's a 12 hour shift and Freddie and I will be miles away, I was kind of hoping he'd take the weekend off and I could got to mum's later but he says the money is too good to turn down
  • Options
    I know its not the same but how about waiting until he has a day off and celebrate mother's day together, it may not be officially mother's day but it will be still a nice day that you can spend together. You shouldnt feel like a spoilt brat, I can understand both sides of it and I think I would be feeling the same as you to be honest!
  • Options
    Same here- Hubby is working afternoons that Sunday, so I won't have the nice Mother's day I was hoping for. My daughter (11 year old) will be away with my Mum, Brother and SIL- they are all going to Cardiff to see Swan Lake. Looks like I'll be cooking a meal for myself, Sam and Lily :0(
  • Options
    Ah bless you...I'b be gutted too!! You aren't being a spoiled brat and I can totally understand where you're coming from.

My oh will be off but I'm not expecting anything special...we normally go out with his family for Sunday dinner and I'm not expecting this year to be any different! Grr!!!

Nici xxx
  • Options
    Shifts are rubbish aren't they? It sucks having to cook your own dinner too!

Think we're gonna have a combined mother's day/my birthday celebration when I get back here. Trying to put a brave face on as OH turned down 12 hours overtime tomorrow so can't make a big deal of it

xx