Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I cant fill him!

Dylan is 26 days old and gaining weight nicely, his curve fits beautifully on the 25th centile.

The issue I have is I cant seem to fill him recently, he takes 5oz bottles and we tried switching to 6oz but having them for every feed meant he vomitted everywgere as his tummy just couldnt hold it, yet he still drunk it?! :\?

So we switched him to being fed every 3 hours with the odd 6oz bottle thrown in, but at end of feeds he can still be rooting for more, at minute hes absolutely ravounous, I fed him 2 1/2 hours ago I dont know what to do!

Were going to try hungry baby food, does anyone have any experience of this? Does it work? I hate to think of my poor little man hungry but if I feed him anymore volume he will vomit!

Arrgghh parenthood is hard!

Help :\?

Em x x x

Replies

• Options
    yeah i gave logan my last baby hungry baby and it worked for him as he was wanting to feed every 2 hrs!!! he then went onto have a bottle every 3 hrs in the day.

give it a go. are u using sma?
  • Options
    Hes on cow and gate number 1 at minute but hubby is going to get hungry baby I think at lunch i've no idea what brand.

I hate seeing him hungry I fed him at 2am (he never ever wakes then!) and he was still hungry after the feed he took 2 hours to settle then needed feeding an hour later

He's had 11oz's since 10:30 a 6oz at 10:30 and a 5oz at 12:30 drained both im assuming hes growing and so needing more food!

Thanks Amanda x x
  • Options
    hiya

tyler is on hungry baby on sma aswell as he was feeding every hour and is now about every 3. just expect a runny bum for a day when you change it.

sarah
  • Options
    Thanks Sarah, hows Tyler doing at night now?

x x
  • Options
    absolute nightmare, he just cant work out its bedtime ! mum is having hi all night tonight for us so we can sleep.
    he is really windy and nothing seems to help.
  • Options
    Awww poor Tyler he must be really uncomfy, and you must be shattered we did 5 days of no sleep at night and hat nearly killed me ive no idea how you've done over 4 weeks!

I hope you get some rest tonight and Tyler gets comfy again soon

x x x
  • Options
    Em I was wondering about this too.

Sophie has been draining her 5oz bottles lately so yesterday I upped them to 6oz. Although she does go 4 hours sometimes 4 and half-5 between feeds she has near enough drained the 6 oz ones today too!

She is on the Cow and Gate number 1 milk too but I was wondering about switching to the hungry baby milk too.

Got her weighed again today and she is now 11lb 1oz - perfect on her centile though!!

Nici xxx
  • Options
    Finley is on hungry baby and has been since he was 2 weeks old.

It really made a difference for us, he's on 6oz at the minute and goes around 3.5 - 4 hours per feed. He went 5 hours through the night last night. My midwife recommended it to me, and it does say suitable from birth on the box so I didnt really have any concerns about it xx
  • Options
    Ive tried him on it he managed about 3.5 hours before he was hungry after 1 bottle will see what today brings!

Nici Dylan drains the bottles always has ive upped him to 6oz and he supps the lot but hes only going 2-2.5 hours between feeds during the day!