Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Highchair advice and how old ?

Hi all,
My DD is 6 months and has been on solids for a couple of months as she was weaned early due to reflux. I had been feeding her in her chair but want her to get used to a highchair. I have a travel one from my friend but she is not comfortable in it and slips to the side and squahes her arm against the tray - it is not adjustable. At what age did you feed you LO's in a highchair and are there better ones than others to support them when they are so young. She can sit up fine but does fall from side to side still. Any advice welcome as going to buy one this weekend....!!

Replies

• Options
    heya

we have the Fisher Price Healthy Care HC. Bought it from 4 months + (i guess because it reclines) because LO wanted to sit up and didnt really have any other chair at the time.

Its a really good all rounder and she has always seemed very comfortable in it as its sturdy and she does slip down.

Would recommend it- although if you are storing it I warn that it doesnt fold that small.

Sarah x
  • Options
    we got a mothercare one, cant remember the name but its white and green. Also reclines, Tyler loves it and sits at the table with us like a big boy..
  • Options
    we bought the chicco polly and i have jsut flogged it on ebay - why you need to recline a baby to eat is anyones business (though at the time i thought it was a brill idea). It is big and bulk so we have bought a concord lima and it is amazing - toby is blw - and instead of relaxing back to eat in the lovely padded chair - errr not ideal! he sits up properly and feeds himself. Oh and why are trays so high on highchairs - honestly some are badly designed.

Anyway - in answer to your question - the concord lima - you can fold it up and take it anywhere also which is great and if little one isnt great at sitting just use a blanket to wedge her in ifyswim.

hope that helps x
  • Options
    We have the brevi jupiter http://www.brevi.eu/en/prodotti-prima-infanzia/la-pappa/jupiter-style/i-colori.html really pleased with it. Olivia has been in it about a month now, although we still don't use the tray as she is small so her eyes are level with the tray :lol: she does get all her meals in there though and she loves it.