Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

for those whose babys sleep through and are FF

Can you please post your routine, i'm trying to figure out why we have night wakings when he has all his food during the day and is otherwise a happy baby.

I cant be the only one who still has night wakings, am i ?

Thanks

Sarah+Tyler (17 weeks)

Replies

• Options
    Sarah try not to worry about the night wakings, I know I got lucky but thats basically all it is luck with Olivia sleeping through and I know Tyler was having problems sleeping but he does seem to be coming on a bit and he may just be taking to it slowly but soon he will get there xxxx I know you must be exhausted though xxxx

8.30am wake, dress, breakfast
    10am nap
    11am play
    11.30 nap
    12pm change, lunch
    2pm nap
    3pm play
    3.30pm nap
    4pm change, dinner
    5pm nap
    6pm play
    7pm bath, pyjamas,
    8pm feed, bed
  • Options
    7am feed
    820-9am nap in buggy (school run)
    9am - play
    10am- feed
    1020-1230 nap
    1pm - feed which includes baby rice
    130 play this is when she plays most on floor
    230-345- nap
    4pm - feed
    445-520 - nap
    530 - food eg veg fruit puree
    630 - bath (but not every night)
    7 bottle bed

ive done this routine with all 4 of mine and also used in my nanny days image

hpe it helps abit x
  • Options
    Hi, Ed usually sleeps through, although he can have nights where he is awake every 2 hours (like last night), but he generally resettles himself without fuss, but often with the help of his dummy. Our routine is roughly as follows;

6am up, dressed & feed
    7am-9am sleep
    9am-11/11:30am play, feed, play
    11/11:30-1/1:30 - sleep
    2pm feed, play etc
    3:30-5:30pm sleep
    5:30 - 6pm play, sing songs (& generally try to keep happy as this is his grumpy time before his bath!)
    6pm massage, bath, bottle bed

Ed's often awake any time between 5-6am which means I need to get to bed early, but I prefer early mornings to late nights anyway, so it hasn't been too difficult to cope with.

hth, Dx
  • Options
    Hi

Isabella wakes around 6ish (sometimes later and has 8oz) sometimes she will have some cereal.
    Feed 11amish
    Feed 2ish with some food
    Feed 5ish with some food
    start a feed, bath her, finish her feed, she will then have another, usually but not always falls asleep having this feed and sleeps through (i hope i dont jinx myslef here!!!)
  • Options
    lilly cat no your no the only one - glld you posted this as i just dont know where going wrong!or though i do notice all babies sleeping thru seem to be having some food - mason is 17weeks so hadnt thought about starting but perhaps i should!

he has feed at 11pm ish as df and then wakes in night for another full feed then between 6-7am!arrggghhh!

also others seem to feed 3 hourly - mason doesnt seem bothered at 4 hours that much downs first 4oz but now just faffs and isnt interested where as at one point taking 7/8oz!

• Options
    Hi star

Tyler has breakfast, and then porridge at 5 but still wakes twice in the night and will have full bottles. I'm trying to feed him 4 hourly from today as this is what is recommended by baby whisperer as he was 3 hourly. This morning he woke at 8 after i managed to get him back down at 6. Maybe he just needs the extra food, if he was only taking an oz or so then i would say its for comfort but he does take more or less a full bottle.

sarah+tyler(17 weeks)
  • Options
    thank you sarah - in a way thats made me feel better that giving food wont necessarily change things as he had had such problems with sensitive belly i didnt want to rush the weaning although think when 20 weeks will have him sat in highchair with us and try few bits of rice etc!

like you said he is taking full bottles more or less so obviously isnt going to settle without them - i do try re-settle with dummy but he will wake 20mins later so im thinking easier just to feed!

xx