Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Guilt!

Pointless post really but just need to get this off my chest ...

Am I the only one who feels permanent mummy guilt? Or are these just the ramblings of a sleep deprived mummy?

I felt guilty for giving Freddie a dummy at 3 weeks - now I don't know where we'd be without it.
I feel guilty for letting him watch tv even though Waybuloo makes him smile
I feel guilty that I'm weaning him before 6 months, even though HV says it's fine as his weight gain had slowed - weight gain slowed - feel guilty about that too (even doubting my (.)(.)'s now)
I feel guilty that cos Freddie's feeding in the night that there's hardly any milk to express on a morning and we need EBM for his Gaviscon and baby rice and porridge so I'm considering using formula for his baby rice/porridge
I feel guilty that since we went to my mum's for a week Freddie doesn't seem to be able to get himself to sleep for his naps anymore
I also feel guilty that I won't be taking the full year off work as we can't afford it image

I just want to be a good mummy and do everything right

Welsh x

[Modified by: welshka on 25 March 2010 22:39:41 ]

Replies

• Options
    Me too, but have to run and get some sleep while I can. You are a good mummy x
  • Options
    A good night sleep is what you need! When I feel like that I turn it round to how lucky our kids are to have what they've got, love, food and a home. The only thing your guilty of is being a fabby mummy x
  • Options
    hi, i think thats just part of being a mummy u always want the best for our lil ones. u sound like a gd mum to me hes a lucky boy to have a mum that wrys about him so much, so let urself enjoy having a lil man around the house a stop giving urself a hard time x
  • Options
    absolutely normal x i feel guilty that i have 4 as sometimes one/two have to wait then i see them all together and feel happy they are so close even toula. whent hey getolder you feel guilty for punishing them telling them off etc etc it never ends but it shows you care and are such good mummy so dont worry x x x
  • Options
    Oh yeah i feel like this a lot too, like when i feel just too exhausted to play with her and then her dad comes home and he gets the best smiles i feel guilty for not making her happy all the time.
    It must be normal but theres no point in dwelling as long as ur doin ur best which you are, youre a brill mum
    Xx
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies girls, means a lot to me

I'm usually able to deal with everything much better but sleep deprivation's taking its toll now. Was up every hour with Freddie last night for no real reason apart from he wasn't settled. I fed him at 130 and 530 in case he was hungry but I don't think he really was

Anyhoo I'm off to find a big bar of choccie - for purely medicinal purposes obviously

Thanks again xx
  • Options
    chocolate really does help- as do hugs!

xxx
  • Options
    oh yes!! I feel guilty all the time especially about Olivia's reflux, I keep asking myself was it something maybe I did during pregnancy that caused it and I was the same when she had colic. I think its completly normal to feel guilt though when you become a parent I try not to let it bother me!
  • Options
    Perfectly normal stuff if you ask me- constantly question my actions- but when I see how Lily smiles at me and won't let me out of her sight, I realise I'm ok in her eyes- I'm sure Freddie feels the same. X