Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

xmas

We have a large family and therefore several family gatherings over xmas. The last three, our little one has been amazingly well behaved, and pretty much sleeps through or just sits on my or my husbands lap. However, in the evening she is really really unsettled and upset and has several very messy nappies. We have two more big family do's to go to, and im dredding them for us as well as her. I think the noise and unfamiliar sights/smells just freak her out. We've been really firm and not handed her round to be held, which has been hard but we just feel we have to protect her a bit.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Em x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Em,

I just asked a question about this on my other post as we've had two really bad evenings/nights after coming away from family do's! She's ok when there but then as soon as we get home........ahhhh..... I think she doesnt sleep the whole time even though she has eyes closed etc and then she comes home over tired and upset.

Made our Christmas Eve and Chrsitmas Day evening time together as a family not what we hoped for but I guess it's just the clash of Christmas with such small babies, actually looking forward to next year already and a more settled time!

Inka xxx