Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Osteopath Update

Hey Ladies,

Well we took Zach to see the osteopath last Monday - my verdict - PANTS!!!

Im sure it works for some people but actually all that happened is that the Osteopath told us Zach is totally fine if a little stiff in the shoulder that got stuck in my pelvis but nothing that wont sort itself out and that the colic must be down to an immature digestive system, he did his thing anyway which then caused Zach to scream solid for 2 days - Not impressed.

The colic actually got worse and we had zero sleep for several days at which point on saturday I thought I was going to lose the plot and decided to buy the tommee tippee Anti colic bottles just to give them a chance but not really believing for a minute that they would work.

However...

OMG why did i not buy them before. They are amazing - No colic and Zach has finished his feeds totally for the last two days and last night slept from 10.30 through to 2.30 which is utter bliss. We have not had any reflux just a little spit up. He is so contented its lovely. He is smiling and laughing and so relaxed where as b4 he was purple with rage and his little body was so stiff with pain it was heart breaking. I dont imagine they are a cure for every1 but for me they have been like gold dust.

XXXX

7 weeks +3 days today

Replies

• Options
    So sorry to hear you didnt get much out of the osteo. Thats a real shame. And that he sent you away saying that its nothing that wont sort itself out.. I know we are all so tired of hearing this!

But Im so glad you have found some solice in finding the TT bottles are working a treat. I guess it really is a process of trial and error to find what works for our own baby so well done on finding it and putting Zach at ease. It really does make a MASSIVE difference when they are no longer in pain and can actually enjoy being a baby... and you can enjoy being a mum.

All I can say is don't be alarmed if you find you have an off day. After getting Brody sorted, well on the right track anyway, I had an off day with him yesterday and thought "Oh no!!" But things have come good again today. My mw reminded me.. 2 steps forward and an occasional 1 step back.

Now sit back and enjoy your little man!

xx

• Options
    Hi Ladies - it's interesting to hear another opinion about the Osteo as it was something I was considering for Finn - Sim do you feel that Brody has benifited from his sessions? I was thinking of taking Finn because we had a long labour and shoulder dystocia so I thought he might benifit from it, though I am having trouble finding one near us.

Glad to hear that the anti colic bottles are working for you Minimoo - I have to say we LOVE our Dr Browns which do the same thing, much better than the advent ones we began with.

I've had a horrid day so far with Finn - screaming non stop and feeding every 2 hours untill he finally fell asleep half an hour ago - so its good to be reminded of your miswives words Sim! I wondered if he was having a growth spurt but I don't think we are due one?

xx
  • Options
    Brody has benefited from the osteo sessions and we found a really good one who is local to us - fluked it! But they arent a cheap option unless you have insurance to cover it. Im putting him through under mine as its considered a luxury and not covered and I was having some sessions.

We use the Dr Browns bottles when feeding Brody formula topups or my expressed milk. We had bought Avent but not used them and with all his probs I went straight out and bought Dr B last week - they seem to be doing a good job for him too.

I wondered if Brody was having a growth spurt too yesterday and also read he wasnt due one according to the "text book". But he has not grown at all since birth so Id say he was definately due one then! He was weighed today and has put on 270 grams / 9.5 oz in 1 week so he has FINALLY exceeded his birth weight again and is now 8lb 5oz (at 31 days old)! Yay!

xx

• Options
    Oh Mini Moo thanks for this!! I have been trying everything to ease Olivia's reflux and colic, she is fine at night but during the day she could spend hours and hours screaming in pain, I tried the Dr Browns bottles but they did nothing for her so I am going to give the TT a go and see how that works.