Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bit of a long shot - PPH, did anyone have one?

Hi Ladies,

This is a bit of a long shot as I know they dont happen in labour often but just thought it might also be worth posting here as have posted in Labour and Birth and Traumatic Births. I had a postpartum haemorrhage with my first baby who is now 7 months old and I just wondered if anyone on here had had one in their labour and gone on to have another baby/babies? I have not spoken to anyone in the medical profession yet and cant seem to find too much info on the net but the midwives I saw at the time said it was quite likely to happen in subsequent pregnancies. I am not TTC yet but have been thinking about my labour recently and just want to get any info for the future, lol.

Thanks to anyone that replies
Kerry x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kerry,

I had this too and my dr advised that any future babies would need to be born in hospital as the risk of another PPH is high. Which is fine with me, hospitals have the drugs!! And more importantly the blood for transfusions, which I really needed after Edward was born and I'm very grateful to blood donors for giving.

HTH
    Laura
    xx
  • Options
    I did with first and was fine this time round. They couldn't find a reason for mine and said should be fine next time. Midwives and drs never seemed concerned. Awful experience tho, I passed out and missed lots of the first couple of hours with my little girl which made me even more emotional. This time round I was so grateful to feel normal (?) ha and enjoy the time with baby immediately after birth x