Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm GETTING stretch marks...

I've reached a new all-time low. I now have new stretch marks that have appeared since I got out of bed this morning. They're on the front of my tummy, so even if I do manage to get my previous shape back, if my top rides up everyone will see it. I could cope with the four I had on my side, why have I now got double that amount when I'm shrinking?

Oh, and to top it off, I stupidly tried jeans on in Next and have thoroughly depressed myself.

If I hear one more thing from Colleen bloody Rooney about losing loads of weight I'm throwing myself off the roof.

Replies

• Options
    Heya
    g/c from born in October!! I can sympathise with stretch marks! I put on 3 stone whilst preg-don't know how lol!! My thighs are covered in stretch marks so I won't be able to wear skirts again lol! Also have them on my belly so there goes wearing a bikini too!!
    These celebs obvs have personal trainers in every day and must wear loads of fake tan to cover the stretch marks!
    Whenever I feel down bout it I just look at dd and think how worth it she is!!
    I have loszt 6lbz in 3 weeks so it's slowly going
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Jaks mum (im also a Jacks mummy image )

I know what you mean im 99% sure ive got a few more on my tummy over the las few days. Whats the deal with that???? im still wearing maternity clothes due to me scar & tummy still being a bit tender but they do make me feel slimmer because ive lost most of my baby weight (just need to lose my normal weight now) but it gives me a boost when they hang off me (sad i know)

Fingers crossed we dont get any more

Take care
    Stacey & Jack
  • Options
    I'm still mostly in my maternity jeans, I can get in my old ones but they just don't look as nice as they once did so I'm saving them for when I feel more confident (and the last 1st 4oz has gone!)

I wouldn't mind if I wasn't getting more now I'm losing weight and my tummy isn't stretched to bursting point any longer. I give up! I wouldn't say I'm a vain person, but my confidence gets knocked very very easily and I keep staring at myself thinking what's the point losing weight if it's going to reveal more ugly stretch marks?

• Options
    I feel completely the same. My H2B wanted to buy me some nice (sexy) underwear for xmas but Ive told him not to waste is money just now as the last thing I feel is sexy with needing to lose more weight, ive got stretchmarks & just generally dont feel "sexy". My H2B is great though & keeps reasuring me that he still thinks im sexy & still fancys the pants off me (bless him). Told him Ill get the undies once ive lost more weight image

xx
  • Options
    I know how you guys feel - my body confidence is at an all time low image I also put on about 3 stone during pregnancy and at this point just can't see how I'm going to shift it!! Dieting at Christmas and whilst sleep deprived seems like pure torture and as I lost a lot of blood during the birth excercise is out until my iron tablets kick in! image I also have marks that appeared on my tum as it was going down! So I've resided myslef to doing nothing about it till after Chritmas then I'm on it big time! The media and celebrities have a lot to answer for!! xx
  • Options
    Im so glad im not the only one!! My body confidence is at an all time low this week. I put on 3 stone during pregnancy as well. The stretch marks are not such a problem for me, I developed 2 on my stomach after I gave birth but I am still in maternity jeans. I am not going to start my diet until 28th December that gives me time to get rid of all the christmas food as well!! Then I am really going to start at it, i want to lose over 4 stone.
  • Options
    Not just me then ... didn't get any stretch marks while I was pregnant. Lucky me I thought, isn't Bio OIl amazing I thought ... then when Freddie was 3 weeks old I looked down after getting out of the bath and I had a whole line of them across my tummy. OH assures me they'll fade and it's fine and they're just a souvenir from having our beautiful son but I was heartbroken - they hit me on a low day and I sobbed.

I'm living in my 'slobs' - trackie bottoms and a hideous pair of stretchy jeans and OH's sweatshirts, I would love to be able to think I'll look nice on Christmas day for our first family christmas but in reality it will probably be another PJ day

xx
  • Options
    Me too girls!! I dont think I got any new ones after Sophie was born, but I did get quite a few during pregnancy. Even having lost all my preg weight I still have a major jelly belly and feel yuck body wise.

I tried some trousers on in Next the other day too and they would go nowhere near me. I cried.

I'm going back to Slimming World in the new year and once I get my new coat off o/h for Christmas there will be no keeping me and Sophie in as I am determined to be out with the pram in all weathers!!!

Nici xxx
  • Options
    I don't feel so vain now I know I'm ont alone! I think it hit me hard, because I was having a rubbish day to start with, then Jak was unhappy and hubby went out with work so I felt as though I'd done all the hard graft with the baby (and packing, and getting the flat tidy - we're off to see hubby's folks for 4 days at 5am tomorrow morning) and all he had to do was have all the Christmas time fun. Yet another thing I feel as though I'm missing out on. Then I felt really guilty thinking of all the girls TTC or who've been bereaved and I'm lucky - I have my baby, I wanted a baby, I should be happy with whatever that involves, right? Then I look down and see stretch marks on a part of me that actually used to be one of my faves. I've always had a flat stomach, and even though my thighs were wobbly and I could never wear short skirts, I had nice boobs and a nice tummy. I know i can lose weight, and there's always a chance I can exercise my way back to my former shape, but there's sod all I can do about stretch marks. It's like waking up with a tattoo I didn't want in a really obvious place!

Em + Jak x x x
  • Options
    Girls try Rose Hip oil, it helps restore damaged skin and stretch marks - and it's lovely too. Ive been using it though not as much as I should be. But now that Im finally getting some more me time that is definately on the cards!!

Ive only tried about 2 skirts from my pre-preg wardrobe and only 1 fit (it was big before though image ). Im not getting all my other stuff out yet (still packed away safely under the bed!!) and probably wont until the new year when hopefully I will have lost my last 3.5kgs (7.7lbs). Would be nice to lose a bit more but Im not going to pressure myself just yet... one step at a time!
    xx