Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wont go to sleep!!

Help ladies!

I know some of you are still having the overnight problem and I really dont envy you one little bit.

We seem to have gone way backwards where bedtime is concerned. We set Sophies bedtime at 8pm and for weeks she was great with it, quite happy to go in her cot awake and after a couple of cycles of her mobile she would be fast asleep. Some nights even going to sleep between 730 & 8pm then sleeping through til 6/7am give or take the odd night.

I know the nights are light now but Sophie is a nightmare to get to sleep now. Since learning to roll over we cant put her down awake as she rolls over in minutes (even with her sleeping bag on) but doesnt know how to roll back again.

She has just gone to sleep on oh's knee, I have taken her up and as soon as i put her in the cot she has rolled onto her side with her legs halfway up the side of the cot.I guess it must just be comfy but I get so paranoid about her rolling over in the night and me not hearing her (even though shes in the room next door to ours and the walls are paper thin) i cant sleep properly on a night.

Does anyone else have the rolling over or the light night problem? Sophie has never really been much of a daytime sleeper but I always knew that come 8pm she'd be in bed! Its doing my head in!!

Nici xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi

have you thought about getting a sensor pad monitor ? we have one which is very reassuring, we turn the sound off when we're in bed as his room is next door to ours but the movement sensor stays on. We have an angelcare one, but tommee tippee do one in asda for ??40.

getting ty to sleep isn't a problem for us, its getting him to stay asleep !!

sarah
  • Options
    Hiya - I know its difficult, but I would let her sleep in the position she is comfy in. My LO always rolls onto her side and front and I just leave her (she does have reflux so this position helps). At this age they can move their head very easily and will not suffocate - but as has been suggested you could always get a sensor pad. As for the light night problem - the room is still dark with black out blind so not too much of a problem - you just need to make sure it is as dark as possible. Sorry if not much help..... S XX