Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Night time playtime! Is it a phase?

Hi Ladies,

For the last 3 nights Scarlett has woken around 4am for a play! She's wide awake laughing chatting and she wont go back to sleep, (taking an hour to get her off again) ,on top of all the night feeds its very difficult!

Is this a phase, please tell me its not here to stay?

Inka xxx

Replies

• Options
    I hope it's just a phase cos at 4 this morning Freddie was exactly the same!
    He'd been fed at 2, was back in his cot at 230 and at 4 he was wide awake - took ages to settle, was awake and hungry again at 540 and ready to get up at 645 ....yawn ....

Fingers crossed 4 isn't play time tonight

Welsh xx
  • Options
    oh god i hope so, after a very good night the night before (he slept from 10.30 until 5), last night he decided there was a party in his crib and everyone was invited !!! It took me ages to settle, in the end i just made sure he was fed, clean and then just left him to it. He must have talked himself to sleep as didn't hear him again until 7.

whats going on ??? Why cant i have a baby that goes to bed at 7pm and then wakes at 7am.

Sarah
  • Options
    ooooooooooooo i want one of those lillykitt...............

my friends just dont get me and and my kiddies as theres all slept thru 7 till 7 by 8 weeks and still do.... where do i go wrong???

mason's nights seem to chnage every night - he wouldnt take the dream feed once in own room - so that got later and later until it seemed stupid hubby staying up till 1 to do a dream feed... so we stopped that and since then we have some nights he wakes like you said and is wide awake - nothing will gte him off... then he wont even take proper feed - so when does get off he wakes hour later as then wants feed\!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx
  • Options
    Hope Mason slept better last night? Sophie went through this phase about 3/4 weeks ago but it only lasted a few nights then she started sleeping through again! Hopefully Mason will be the same.

Now we are just having a problem getting Sophie to go to sleep in the first place......

Nici xxx