Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I worrying about nothing - food related! (Also in Baby)

My DD is coming up to 7 months and up until the weekend just gone was doing really well with purees and finger foods. During the weekend she began vomiting a lot - rang NHS direct who said to keep fluids down her etc. This stopped and turned into diarrhoea, which has now just stopped. She is basically refusing most solids and crying loads when I try to feed her. If I let her have the spoon she eats a small amount (compared to what she was previously eating) and she will eat a small amount of finger foods such as broccoli florets and cooked carrot stick.
Am I worrying about nothing?? We have been to the doctors as she got a rash with all of the above and turns out she has a virus and im pretty sure a tooth is brewing. But Im panicking that she is not eating enough and not getting enough nutrients from her food.
She is still fully breastfed and will take small amounts of water from a beaker, but she has gone back to wanting boob all the time rather than food.
Im very confused and probably worrying for no reason! Any advice or anyone who has had a similar experience to make me feel that Im not the only one will be very greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya

Freddie had a dodgy tum a few weeks back - lots of vomiting. So kept on with the breastfeeding and offered water while he was poorly. Once he was better we stuck to plain food for a couple of days - good ol' baby rice with pear puree and porridge. Slightly different situation as Freddie isn't really that interested in milk since he discovered food but for a couple of days I did feel he was comfort sucking til he was 100% again

Sorry not much help really. Hope your lo is feeling much better soon x
  • Options
    You are helping! Thankyou for replying - its nice to get some advice from people who have been through it and to know that I am doing the right thing by letting her just feed from me as she wants and take solids as she wants x
  • Options
    I think that sounds reallly normal. I would perhaps go back to the doc if the lack of interest in food continued beyond the weekend with no improvment.

Hope she feels better soon!

Em x
  • Options
    I agree it does sound normal especially if she has been pretty poorly. I would just start her off slow because she is probably feeling a little queasy, plain foods or food that she really loves.