Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

LILLYKITT - HOW THE SLEEPING GOING!!!

Hi lillykitt - havent been on in while never get chance as mason very wingy and clingy and Finlay is a typicla 2.5year old!!!

just wondered how tyler was sleeping and napping?

Mason isnt too good!

now wont go in cot awake and settle to sleep - never just gone off but would have a cry i would dummy couple of times then he would go off but now anymore it goes on for ages he rolls over gets in state crfies even with dummy in so then cant give him anything to help calm him! if pick up he stops stright away put will start even if i start lowering near cot! he is like this naps and bedtime - so give in and just hold until he is basically asleep then put down! i know this is prob reason whey when he wakes in night he cant re-settle and often like last night i had to lay on sofa in dark with him to get him off at 4am! stupid i know my friends all have babies that sleep thru 12-14hours s anight it makes me feel sick as i am soooo tired all the time!!! i did stop the feeding while back when hubby said no way is he hungry as 3 big meals with pud and 3 bots and when he wakes never crying for bot just wants out of cot!

me thinking i need to do cc or something but have no energy! back at work sept and dont know how i will cope! are you back at work???

mason only has 40min nap in morning and 40min nap somepoint in avo - thats rubbish too so cnat have 5 mins to chill!

x

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya

Sorry i took so long to respond, Sky had disconnected our broadband (which was nice of them).

Ty still feeds at night, but then time can vary. When he's in nursery he's knackered so has a bottle before bed and then thats can last him until 4am somtimes, then he has more and back down until 6. Last night he went down as usual by 7, then was awake at 12, then again at 4. Its hard work because i'm back in work, but only doing 3 days a week. He has now worked out how to settle himself for sleep and naps but not in the middle of the night apparently. No two nights are ever the same for him.
    Today he had a nap of almost 2 hours from 8.25-10.25, and he's back down again now, but i expect it means we'll be up all night, he always naps in his cot which means i can get on and do things around the house (or browse the web !!). I dont work mondays and fridays and after being in work find looking after Ty so exhausting from stressing about food, naps, bottles etc Its a relief to be back in (which sounds terrible).
    As for sleep training, CC isn;t an option for us because he's sick everywhere if left to cry, so I do a form of PUPD which sometimes works.

Sarah