Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jaks mummy aka emilyb

errr whats an ant and how the hell do you get jak to sleep for 10-12 hours. Is he in his own room?? How does your day go to make sure your night is so good. How often do you feed?

Sorry to bombard you but i need to know NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to Jak (toby is nearly there with the man hug) x

Replies

• Options
    i've answered in Baby, i was feeding Jak and looking at the site on my phone and clearly I can't use predictive text! I must've meant his cot!!! x x x
  • Options
    ooohhhhhhhh - i thought it was some new age sleep device!!!! "giggling out load now.

sorry to stalk but does jak go in his own room because i think we are waking each other up and whilst i am worried about all the advice - surely if i dont smoke - have a monitor - and keep the room at the correct temperature then i cant see what is wrong.

i am sticking to the daytime 3 hours - so we know where we are - but really only implementing it today - must be strong!
  • Options
    yes, he's in his own room. We only have a 2 bed flat, so we don't even have a monitor. I can hear him sucking his thumb from my bed, so he's not far away! I just had to put him in there, his moses basket by my bed or the sofa wasn't helping him. I'd end up putting the tv on to give me something to do while i was up with him, which in turn i think unsettled him. He's in his dark, quiet room now, it really helps. I know they say babies should be with you till they're 6 months but i couldn't have kept going that long!
  • Options
    i agree - we have prepped his room ready - even have a movement monitor as his room is a whole 20 paces away from ours!!!

Lets see how it goes. Did it take him long to get used to being in his own room. I am going to be really strong and persevere - he cannot have had more than 8 hours sleep in the last 24 - little bugger!
  • Options
    He loved his room straight away, not that he wanted to sleep! We've always changed his nappies in there and got him dressed there, so it was familiar. He likes his space, so he spreads his arms right out in his ant, i mean cot! It was me that thought I was being mean and abandoning him, just have a glass of wine ready... I've spent many an hour just standing by his door listening. I'm sure he goes through the night because he's in there, there's not me and hubby waking him up when we come to bed.

I really hope it works for you, don't forget that Toby might be unsettled as he's had so much to cope with recently.

Good luck, Jak sends manly hugs (and slobby kisses too) x x x
  • Options
    new age sleep device lmfao!