Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ROUTINES that enable Daddy to spend some decent time with LO

Hi Ladies,

It seems that many of us are now thinking of routines and I am at the moment jotting down times of feeds and sleeps etc to see if Ariana has any sort of natural pattern before putting her into 'my' routine.

My concern is that my partner doesn't get in till about half seven but want them to spend time together.
She sleeps late afternoon/evening has a feed and change about six so that she is happy and i can start dinner. She then does as she pleases feeds about 11pm then sleeps to about 9.30 with feeds at roughly 2/3am and 4/5am.

We have NO routine other than I am trying to feed when she wakes up to try and stop her needing the boobie to go to sleep.

It seems that many of you are doing things 'properly' with routine/structure/rules eg differentiating day and night feeds but i feel guilty not doing this? Ariana must be seriously confused

Please share your Daddy friendly routines!!!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya

I'd love a routine - especially a daddy friendly one! But as I'm BF and OH works shifts it all seems a bit impossible just now ...

Like you I'm jotting down what time Freddie feeds but just when you think there's a pattern forming he changes his mind!!

Sadly I think our routine will only ever be daddy friendly on 2 out of the 3 shifts, if that! On earlies Freddie and his daddy will probably go to bed at the same time, on nights Freddie will go to bed just before daddy leaves and on lates the only daddy time will be on a morning. Just can't get my head round it at all at the mo ... have decided to deal with it after Christmas and hopefully there won't be too many bad habits to crack by then

Welsh xx