Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping on front

Jak has slept on his front for the last 4 nights while we've been away at our in laws. I was turning him over when he slept on his front at home, but it just started waking him up. As a result of him sleeping more, we've established a night time routine and the four hours of crying in the middle of the night has stopped (fingers crossed!) My only issue is I feel absolutely terrible putting him to sleep on his front because everything I've read says they should only ever sleep on their backs and that they should never ever sleep on their tummies. Jak just loves it, I don't know what to do because althoguh he's now sleeping, I'm not! He's so much happier in the day, he's hardly cried at all, just to let us know what he wants rather than for apparently no reason for hours on end. I'm juggling the thought of a happy baby versus all the advice!

Do I stop putting him down on his front or do I keep going? I just have no clue and I don't know whether to carry on or not.

Em + Jak

Replies

• Options
    There is so much advice and to be honest I would do what works for you.. Jasmine is not sleeping in same room as us anymore as she is such a noisy sleeper I was getting NO sleep at all. This is also a big no no but if you can't make any other option work then i'm not sure what you can do. S XX
  • Options
    My best friend is a Health Visitor, and she couldn't get her baby to sleep on his back. He sleeps on his front, and is just over a year old now, so it hasn't done him any harm.
  • Options
    toby sleeps on his back but i have bought the monitors with sensor pads for his upstairs crib and then because i am paranoid i aso bought one for his downstairs moses basket.

it really gives us peace of mind and i really dont think i would sleep at all without it. The tommee tippee one is ??50 - money well spent i think x
  • Options
    I have got to get me a mat, they sound great! Thanks for the tips! Jak currently is in our room, he was in his own room but this bought of crying for 4 hours between minight and 4am was killing us so we moved him back in with us, which does help my peace of mind slightly. He's right next to my head so I can hear him really easily.

I'm going to have to go with the tummy-sleeping I think, you're right lara n chloe it's guilt-ridden but it works. He woke at 4am last night and was back sleeping by 4:30am on his front - can't argue with the proof that he's happier that way!

x x x