Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should I be concerned?

Dylan is a very happy baby, barely cries and for that I know I am very very lucky!

However he has started to be sick after feeds, sometimes only bits but this afternoons feed he threw up even during the feed! I was covered in it he must have thrown up the lot! There appears to be a lot of mucus in it so im wondering if thats why hes sick? He isnt upset when he is sick, his nappies are still fine hes not hot or lethargic and hes just taken another feed and not vomitted a lot.

Is this something I should be concerned with or as it doesnt bother him, hes still gaining weight and appears fine in all other aspects is it just hes a sicky baby?

Many thanks

Em and Dylan 22 days x x

Replies

• Options
    Em, you're not alone, I was about to write this post myself!!

Sophie has started doing the exact same thing over the last couple of days. Like Dylan, she doesn't seem to be bothered by it, her poo etc is fine and she's gaining weight well.

Has Dylan been sniffly at all? We've all had cold, and Sophie has been sniffly so I thought thats what it may be.

I was reading in the Bounty newborn book (that we got in the pack from hospital) that as long as it doesnt bother them and/or last for a long time that its nothing to worry about.

I think I am going to make an appointment at the docs for Sophie though, as she has had a sticky left eye for a few days. I think it may also be part of the cold thing but its not clearing up. Also she has a bit of a rash on her chest and back. The hv said on Monday that it was just a viral rash and would go away, but I may as well kill two birds with one stone and ask about that too. Am I just being paranoid.

Apart from that though Em, I think we are two of the lucky mums among us with two very contented babies image Glad Dylan is doing well, hope you are too!!

Nici and Sophie (1 whole calendar month old today!!!) xxx
  • Options
    My first lo threw up on a regular basis for ages. It's a bit of a blur but it was a lot and carpets are still stained from that. Think some babies just like to be sick a lot. She was always fine after and would usually feed quite soon after a feed to refill her tummy. So I wouldn't worry too much. x
  • Options
    Im good(ish) my arm still doesnt work but I saw a consultant today who says ive trapped a nerve in my neck and need scans (I have a phobia and im crapping myself!) but ive done 2 days on my own now and im actually doing ok I really enjoy it taking him out and have a huge sense of achievement that I can do it on my own!

He sounds like hes snoring when he sleeps he sounds really congested bless him so im wondering if hes a bit chesty and thats whats causing it, I know when I have a cold and swallow mucus I feel sick! But he's so happy he's currently staring at the lights whilst bouncing on my knee it just upset me when he threw up an entire feed but he was happy as larry with sick pouring out of him (strange child!)

Id take her to the docs there is nothing better than peace of mind! Your not paranoid hun!

x x x

• Options
    Thanks eva! I was a projectile vomiter and hubby just was very sicky so thinking Dylan takes after us!

Heres to worrying for the rest of my life about everything he does image
  • Options
    Im so glad that some of us have content babies that arent bothered by gas or colic or reflux or all 3!! Bless you girls and your bubbas!

I would just mention it to your hv or your gp if you are going in or become more worried. Been meaning to ask you how your arm is going but have had little time to get on here and spend some proper time! I hope the scan goes well. Are you phobic about the procedure or the results?

Nici - Hope all ends up ok for Sophie too at the docs. Sorry havent spoken to you in ages! Can you believe.. 1 calendar month already!

xx
  • Options
    Im scared of the results, past history and it turns me neurotic, ive had friends ringing me all day and hubby repeating the same thing over and over Em its a trapped nerve but id rather pull out all my teeth than have a scan!

How was your night? Brody go ok with the Dr Brown bottles?

No more sick on the evening or night feeds, have taken to winding him every ounce as he's a guzzler and think him eating on top of wind is causing him to be sick, is working at minute!

x x x
  • Options
    Thats good you've had no more sick.

Don't worry about the scan thing, at least it will help pinpoint exactly where the trapped nerve is and they can fix it for you. Think how much better that will be than all the pain you've been in image But if you've got a phobia you've got a phobia and no-one can change that. Just hope they get it sorted for you soon.

Sim - I'm sorry I haven't "spoke to you" for ages either. I have read all your posts and feel heartly sorry for you and your poorly little Brody. I have meant to text you over the past few days but even with a happy baby the time runs away with you and you forget what you're gonna do in 5 mins time! But I want to say, like all the other girls, you are a FANTASTIC mummy and I really admire your determination and strength getting through the past couple of weeks. If Sophie had been poorly like Brody I think I would have cracked up by now. The little things I whinge about test my patience a lot of the time. How did the Dr Brown bottles go last night?

No docs for Sophie today, her eye has cleared up loads this morning. She's been taking her feeds ok and only a little bit of sick - although she has been up since 730 am and keeps crying coz she''s fighting sleep. The rash is still there but no change so I'm gonna keep an eye on it over the weekend and if it's not gone by Monday i'll def take here then.

We're having a day in today as we have quite a bit of snow and the thought of going out in it doesn't appeal to me at all!! :lol:

Nici xxx