Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st holiday with LO - any advice (bit worried !)

Hi all,
Well LO is 6 mths in a few weeks and we are off to Wales on Saturday for our first family holiday - gulp ! We are staying in a self catering cottage by the sea. I am just a little worried about keeping to a routine whilst out and about and predicting nightmare nights in the travel cot !! Has anyone got any first hand experience and any advice ? I presume you carried on with routines like bath, bed etc and rough timings ? Thanks in advance ! S XX

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

We did a centre parcs weekend in April and Scarlett was so unsettled at the time I wanted to cancel but couldnt.

We went and it was the best weekend she'd ever had. She loved it and loved the new sights and sounds. I stuck to her routine religiously though and she had her naps and slept just the same (which is never great but def was no worse). So glad we didnt cancel I would have never known, I cant wait till our family holiday in the Summer as I know she'll love it nw

Enjoy yourselves and Im sure you'll have a great time xx

Inka xxx
  • Options
    Ohhh thanks for posting this! We are off to Robin Hoods Bay in a few weeks with lo and was about to write the same post!!!

I am now realising the amount of stuff we will need to take arghhhhh!

Have u tried lo in the travel cot? Might be an idea to get them used to it before going? Mine didnt seem to notice when in it so hopefully u will be the same.

I would just try to stick to routine as much as possible but also as loosely as possible even though that probably doesnt make a lot os sense. Just take it one day at a time and treat it as though u were just on a day out of the house and plan that way? Thats what I'm planning on doing.

I'm sure u will have a fab time once u get settled in! xxx
  • Options
    Whereabouts in Wales are you going? Freddie and I are off to North Wales tomorrow to stop with my mum while OH is on nights.

Robin Hoods Bay? Just up the road from me! Give us a shout if you're in Scarborough for the day hun.

We go to my mum's for a week every 10 weeks and have also had odd nights in hotels, with friends etc. We've found that although it's not always possible to stick to Freddie's loose daytime routine we stick to bedtime routine religiously. He's always fine when we're away but takes a bit of settling when we get back again. Apart from when he was very tiny he sleeps well in the travel cot - (no worse than at home anyway!)

Hope you have a fab time x x
  • Options
    Awww Welshka I love Robin Hoods Bay its where we used to go when I was little. Really looking forward to it!

Will likely be in Scarborough at some point. Going 19th - 26th June - so excited! x