Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

dribble/teething rash

Hi Ladies

Just to let you know and see if any of your lo's have had this problem

Isabella is constantly dribbling and even though im always mopping her chin up she started to get a rash under her chin. This then quickly spread right across her chin, her neck and on the top of her chest. Its soooo red and inflamed one day and then the next day its dried up and flakey. The poor thing doesnt seem bothered by it. The docs gave me antibiotics as they though the skin got infected however its still not cleared up, im now waiting for the results of the swab which they took today. It looks so awful but the main thing it that it doesnt seem to be sore for her xx

UPDATE

How are your lo's rashes now its been a while. I have been back n forth to the Dr's, ended up with steroid cream for Isabella which i really didnt want to use. Tonight her skin has gone really red and sore n itchy. Its absolutley awful, im going to go bk to docs in morning and demand a referral to a dermatologist. I no longer believe its "just a dribble rash". I feel soo guilty that its gone so bad, but when i go to the doc it never looks as bad as it does at night and i think they think im exagerating!:\?

[Modified by: BROOKS1385 on 16 May 2010 21:14:00 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi Honey,

Firstly poor Isabella hope the wee lamb isnt bothered with it for long.

Conall has the same thing but also excema which is what I assumed it was at first.

Docs gave him steroid cream for excema and a thrush cream for the rash which I use both and it keeps it almost at bay. He still has days where it flares up of where it gets really really dry but I just try to keep him covered in either those or vaseline / emmoliant just as a barrier.

Hopefully should clear when teeth settle but that could be aggess !! My wee one looks like he has a mask on at the botom of his face - there is a line round his neck and everything! lol!

• Options
    Oh no, I hope it starts to clear up soon. We have had a few dribble rashes, she doesnt get them on her chin but she get them all over her chest and even on her stomach, it usually dries up and becomes really flakey fairly quickly and then I just put some barrier cream and moisturiser on but it can still be very dry.
  • Options
    Hi

Tyler has the same on his neck and have just come back from the doctors about it they gave me some canestan as they said it was fungal from being damp all the time in the creases, its got worse over the past two days and seems to have spread around his neck and up behind his ears, i'd been putting sudocream on it as i thought it was eczema but apparently not. Poor little things, they have to put up with so much....

sarah
  • Options
    HI,

Scarlett had this for a few weeks now. Like you Lillykit was given canesten cream and then she came out in a body rash, went back to the docs and she said she'd had an allergic reaction to the cream so best to just try to keep it as dry as possible. Its still there but no as bad been using her excema cream on it and that seems to help.

Inka xxx
  • Options
    mason cheaks are all rashed and dry - hv got prescription for cream ..... beginning with A cqant think of it at mo and its in his room and he is sleeping but its for very dry skin/exzma! when i put on his skin is lovely but by mroning very red and dry again so just keep putting it on - i think to do with teething more as he is always drenched and dribbles and lays on cheaks..........

cream fab tho so been using it on myslef and hubby even used it on face after shaving - hehehe think ill make sure keep getting that on repeat prescription!!!

• Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies, the results of the swab was that there was just "normal" bacteria present so nothing too nasty. Ive got to keep on with the creams for a week then go back again. Its started to clear up on her face but has now gone worse on the top of her chest!

Its just awful, lets hope they all start to clear up soon!
  • Options
    i smother toby in suda cram at the moment becasue of dribble sore rash and it has improved dramatically infact there isnt a rash. Not sure how often or how long you are supposed to use them for. Also bought an Amber necklace which is supposed to reduce dribble - we shall see!!!