Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I did it - I withdrew his 2.30am feeds - I think!!!

Ok so following on from my last post I decided to just get on with dealing with it, Soooo a few nights ago when hubby started his night shifts I decided I would stop his 2.30am feed. I figured I would only put myself through the pain of it.
I started my encouraging Z to take more formula during the day so that I knew he was getting his quota and that he wouldn't be missing any and then that evening I gave him some of that Hipp goodnight formula (usuaully I use Aptimal but someone recommended trying it) I offered him 9oz's at 10.30 before I went to bed/ changed his nappy all as usual just a change in milk. At 2.30 he cried on the dot like always I just got up laid him back down/ popped in his dummy and walked out. I really really expected him to start screaming. However he didn't and three nights later its been the same every night. Its not perfect and im hoping eventually he will just stop asking totally.IA friend suggested leaving his beaker of water in with him incase he is thirsty so might try that tonight. Now I just need to work out if im brave enough to remove his dummy from him soon. eeekk

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Well done! You just have to bite the bullet and go for it. Im just thinking on the water/beaker.. not sure myself as didnt need to use it for Brody as he wasnt ever much of a night feeder anyway, but not sure if offering this can also encourage a habit of waking??
    Good luck with the dummy, Ive not been game enough to remove this yet. he only has it for bed and we still have several night wakes and the dummy usually gets him back off. Im hoping to wait til he starts sttn again but geez... how long would I be waiting?!