Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Reading?

Hello,

I'm gatecrashing from due in Aug 2010 (hope you don't mind) to ask if you new mums can recommend any reading that was really helpful to you. I've been looking but there are so many books out there and I don't want waste my money (I hear I'm going to need that soon!)

Thanks - I know you're all really busy right now ;\)

Replies

• Options
    hey hun

congrats on the bfp -

i will dig out the book that i felt was fab, i do however, have some preg books that i would be happy to send in excellemnt cndition - all i would want is something for the postage.

I will say dont spend too much money as every pg is different - i bought every book going (it took us along time to concieve) and half of them i havent even opened some of them.

Just let me know if you would like them and i will post just after christmas.

Congrats again x x
  • Options
    Kaz Cooke's Rough Guide to Pregnancy is an excellent book.. the only one I read. Very light hearted week by week guide that gives you a lot of info without being bombarded:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rough-Guide-Pregnancy-Birth/dp/1858287650

Congrats on your BFP!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your BFP image

I had "What to expect when you're expecting" which was really good. It gives you a month by month account of what "should" happen and most of it was pretty accurate.

Nici xxx
  • Options
    Netmums "Your Pregnancy" was my bible, I highly recommend it

MJx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies that's really helpful and congrats all o your new arrivals!

Summer, that's a very generous offer, which I'm definitely going to have to take you up on. What's the best way to go about arranging it?

xx
  • Options
    just email me your address and i will post - i would worry too much about postage it will only be a couple of pounds - if any more than just post me a cheque after you have recieved them.

just use the email button at the bottom of my post x x x
  • Options
    Congratulations on your bfp image

I found best source of info by a million miles was this site! You talk to real people who have either been there or are where you are and people are lovely!

Also I read some baby books to try and prepare me for our new arrival (you dont have time after their here image such as what to expect in the first year and your baby week by week.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Em and Dylan 25 days x x x x
  • Options
    BABY CENTRE WEBSITE AND PARENTS CONNECT WEBSITE WERE GOOD FOR WEEKLY EMAILS http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/calendar/20-weeks-pregnant.html