Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BF Question

Well i had planned to totally BF but couldn't at the start due to an infection in my c-section and docs not being happy to let me BF whilst on anti -biotics. I continued 2 express in order to keep my supply going but i admit i prob did't do as much as i should as i was so exhausted with just normal bottle feeding/ cleaning house, looking after bubs etc that expressing was the last thing i wanted to do. Anyway the whole time i expressed i only ever got 1.5 oz from each breast so i knew i would always have 2 combine bottle and breast 4 a while until i could increase my milk.
Im now off the anti-biotics and had been building up my supply and slowly getting rid of the bottle when last week my left breast suddenly stopped producing milk - i literally just get a few drops whilst right breast produces loads - im confused. Any ideas?

Replies

• Options
    Hi ya, I breast fed from the start and had really engorged breasts when my milk came in, however, i could only express a tiny amount, like 5-10 mls, but evidently Jennifer could get alot more out and we didnt use formula at all. We used a machine and everything! There might be more in your boobs than you think!!

Em x
  • Options
    Don't take the amount you express to mean that's how much your bubba is getting - two of the midwives and my HV all said that babies can always get more than a pump can. Not very helpful for knowing how much they're getting, I know! If baby is happy feeding from the left then I wouldn't worry honey. x x x

Em x x x