Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Smiling?

I noticed a few of you mention that your lo's have started smiling. When did yours start? Amber is 4 weeks tomorrow and she hasnt smiled yet. She has started using her voice a little bit and has started following people around the room with her eyes and defiantely takes more interest in people and objects, and Ive notived her cries are differant when she wants differant things, so I'm loving seeing all the changes in her each day!! image And she has also started grabbing at things like clothes and her dummy which she didnt do just a few days ago!

xaxa

Replies

• Options
    Lily was 5 weeks when she did her first proper smile- can't stop her now!
  • Options
    toby is 7 weeks tomorrow and i get smiles but not many. lots of noises now gurgles - i love all the changes that happen every day - he follows rattles - hits the elephant on his activity mat - he is definately a timewaster as i could watch him all day x
  • Options
    Dylan started smiling last week, hes also started grabbing the odd thing mainly daddys lip :lol: or the teddys on his bouncy chair and his auntys hairs at the weekend.

He proper grins at his daddy and like MCs hubby mine gets all emotional image
  • Options
    At just over 3 weeks. Got a great one on the weekend when he turned 4 weeks. I just love them!! I swear he tries to laugh but doesnt quite know how to just yet so they are silent smiles.. even his eyes light up!

xx
  • Options
    Jak does smile, but it's not really at anything yet, I don't think it's a conscious decision! They're definitely not windy smiles anymore, when he does those he keeps his lips together. He likes to talk to things too, like his toys or the side of his moses basket. He's in his bouncy chair doing it now, he's chatting away to the Christmas tree! x x x

Em + Jak x x x
  • Options
    Sophie first smiled at 4 weeks. It was a proper big fat gummy smile, and now we get them all the time.

Couldn't get annoyed at her when she wouldn't go back to sleep at 5am this morning when she was smiling at me - my heart was melting!

She grabs away at things now too.

Nici xxx
  • Options
    tyler has started to watch TV !! he smiles now and again, he has a very wicked little grin. also has started grabbing my necklace where as before he just kept head-butting it. the head bobbing is still continuing but he can now lift his head and hold it loads....

sarah+tyler(32 days)
  • Options
    Yep, Sophie has started watching the tv too! Had to turn her bean bag around as she nearly twisted her head off trying to see :lol:

Nici and Sophie 37 days xxx