Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Exchange!

Yippee! We've just exchanged on our first house! A real family home that our children can grow up in!!

Sorry, just had to share!

Em x

Replies

• Options
    Congrats! It's such a wonderful feeling. Bet you cant wait to move in now.
  • Options
    Oh that's great news! I'm quite jealous, I want a house but we still rent a flat image I doubt anyone would give us a mortgage either, makes me feel rather guilty that we had Jak without a proper family home/plan for a proper home.

What's your house like Em? x x x
  • Options
    Congrats Ems101, its a great feeling getting your 1st home. Enjoy

Ems101, dont think like that Hun, we bought our flat nearly 4 years ago & hate the area we are in. If we were renting we could give notice & find another elsewhere. We want to put it up for sale but as like every where nothing is selling so we are stuck. As long as the flat/house you live in now i a happy home then Jak will not care that you dont "own" it, its a proper home to him. Plus it means more worries about bills/money etc so its not all great

Tell us about the house Ems101

Stacey
    xxx
  • Options
    /totally agress with Stacey. There are alot of bonus's to renting. Also, we would never have been able to buy normally, but two of Hub's grandparents died last year so we got most of our deposit from that. We are also lucky that we benefited from the recent stamp duty tax break.

The house... its a terrace with two smallish double and a box(baby) room. It has a medium lounge and a largish kitchen, but it is an odd shape! It needs a lot of cosmetic work and a few major bits - roof and damp repairs. The best bit is that it has a large garden, so pleanty of room for paddling pool etc!!

Em x
  • Options
    Oh how nice, im jelous of you having a garden.. We,v got a huge house but a post it for a garden, OH loves the zero maintenance but i love gardens.. Good for you, your own little pallace xx
  • Options
    Excellent garden! hubby wants a massive one so he can juggle with fire at night and Jak can play outside in the day. One day it'll happen.... it's just soooooo expensive to get started on the ol' Property Ladder. I'm so chuffed for you Em, when do you move in? x x x
  • Options
    Congrats- we moved last week- it's so nice having that new start with our new family. Good luck- moving with a Baby isn't easy (or with 3 Children either)- my Mum helped out with Child care otherwise we would still be at the old house I think. X