Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Who else had a c-section?

Hi
Just wondered who else had a c-section? Mine was totally unexpected and I am still in a little shock /emotional over it when I think about it.

I was told I can't 'try' for another baby for at least 12-24 months (if we decide to go for a third) - wondered what other people were told?

I am struggling to get out of bed in a morning - any tips on how to get out easily?? It really hurts still!

Also anyone else got really bad back ache? I had a spinal block and when I had a spinal block with Lily I remember my back hurting for a while afterwards but this time it feels much worse.

Hope everyone is ok!

x

Replies

• Options
    Me!!

Mine too was a bit unexpected due to being breech but was convinced as was dr. it would turn but alas he didnt so had a weeks notice of the possibility but didnt know for sure until 10 mins prior to being brought to theatre after a scan.

I found the end of day 2 when my morphine drip ran out, that night & the morning of day 3 horrendously painful, not helped by the fact the baby wouldnt settle that night so up & down constantly. For ages getting out of bed was incredibly painful as was getting up from sitting position but after about a week once i was up I was perfectly fine. Rolling over Keeping my legs together swinging them out & holding onto my wound with some pressure helped gettin gout of bed. Im just over 4 weeks on now & back driving again, i can still 'feel it' sometimes & it stings a bit still which is odd but the majority of the time I cant feel a thing.

Also for about 2/3 weeks i got an awful throbbing pain that would go up my spine from the site of the spinal like a pulsating pain that got worse if i had to bend over, but its gone now I forgot to ask the dr. at 2 week check up but im presuming now its gone that it was normal!!

How long ago did you have it? sorry 9 months on I still dont know peoples forum & real fb names!!

I wasnt told anything about TTC again but i think the general rule from what i heard before was not to get pg for at least 12 months.

Also i was pretty gutted i could not have a natural birth & even now in comparison it doesnt feel like i gave birth more like, i was pregnant - now im not! I totally missed the whole skin to skin immediate cuddles with a scrunched up funny coloured baby & the relief that comes with giving birth naturally, dont feel like i did anything TBH which is quite strange. I certainly would not choose a section again.

4fab. xx

[Modified by: 4 for a boy on November 22, 2010 12:25 AM]

• Options
    hi, i've noticed your reply on my thread so you know my story as well!

it is so hard getting out of bed isnt it? its horrible not being able to get up and sort baby our properly without help image

i'm just keeping on top of my painkillers, i was given diclophenic acid as well and i save the last one for before bed which seems to be helping a bit. were u given anything like that? my scar has healed nice, but it is so bruised and sore, it looks scary!

im not aware of anything about ttc, but at the moment it isnt something i've considered (a bit put off more at the minute,dont think i would want to go through it again, but im sure ill change my mind!)

i also really missed that skin to skin contact, think it was ages before i could hold him, but then i cant really remember, image

xx
  • Options
    I have an interesting array of painkillers the hospital sent me home with. The MW looked at my scar yesterday and said I look as if a horse has kicked me in my bits! Nice!

I am so desperate to sleep on my side as I never sleep on my back and I really hate this lol.

They gave me Jacob really soon after having him, they pushed him down my top and hubby had to hold him in as I was numb and they thought I'd drop him - this was while I was being stitched up. This was good as with Lily I never got the skin to skin as they took me away to theatre pretty much after I'd had her so I know how that feels and I think that's why the MW was eager to stick Jacob on me.

Aww betsy I know how you feel, I just feel completely useless with Jacob sometimes and burst into tears. Poor hubby was crying yesterday too!

4fab - I had him on Thursday at teatime so not long ago and he was breech but they didn't know until after they broke my waters.

xxx
  • Options
    hi, jellyfish, i've been managing to finally sleep quite comfortably on my side the last 2 nights, (so day 8,9) so hopefully it wont be much longer for you.

i managed to get out for a nice little walk today and yesterday with the pram, only 15 mins and half an hour, and i only went to the local shops but it was nice to get out. bit sore and tired after it now tho!

i think another annoying thing is that if i had given birth naturally i would probably have been more or less healed now, could drive and would be able to be going out on decent length trips image oh well im sure there will be plenty of time for that image

xx
  • Options
    Me too - I'm on day 13 and have managed to open my wound slightly by going out too soon, so be careful as my wound is now oozing gross liquid and looks like it will for a while.

The pain got manageable about 4 days ago and I could finally sleep on my side again - bliss!!

My section was after a 3 day labour, so was just relieved to have him safely with us. It was followed by a traumatic time where George was in scbu for 5 days, but we're all ok and home now and that's the main thing. x
  • Options
    I am on day 13 today Yummy Mummy. I don't like how one side of my scar looks, it's red and hurts and I think I'm going to ring the docotrs tomorrow and hopefully be able to see the nurse. Although not sure how I'll get there as I can't walk (quite a long way) and can't get the cars off our drive as the snow is so deep!

Glad George is ok now. x

[Modified by: jellyfishpink on December 01, 2010 10:03 PM]

• Options
    Hi
    I had an emergency c-section too as baby wouldn't come down birth canal. In theatre they couldn't do an instrumental delivery as baby was looking upwards & couldn't get down birth canal. Waters broke during an internal & due to excess waters had to be lowered into position as I was only 3/5 engaged & they were worried about cord coming first - it feels like nature couldn't take over.
    I wasn't given option of skin to skin but there was no reason why (as far as I'm aware) as baby started breathing quickly & had apgar of 9 straight away. I was very shaky but wonder if it would have helped??
    How are all your scars now? I got an infection so I'm on antibiotics.xx