Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby's fine but I'm a mess!

Hi guys,

Wondered if anyone else has had this - my little boy is a little star, he sleeps really well - 3 to 4 hours at a time at night and goes around 2 and half hours between feeds during the day. He isn't grumpy and is just gorgeous most of the time. I, on the other hand, am doing rubbish. I had a c-section and have got an infection in my wound so am on antibiotics three times a day and have to apply a cream 3x a day too. I am also having to inject myself with a blood thinning drug in my stomach every day because of my Mum's history of DVT and also Jack and I have got both got thrush (his mouth, my boob) so I've had tyo take an oral medication and Jack is having to have Nystan drops on his tongue 4x a day! This, combined with looking afteyr a newborn's normal needs is just TOO MUCH to remember!!!Feel like I'm falling to bits, my stomach is like jelly, I am bleeding really heavily and I have a face full of spots! It's going to get better right?

Replies

• Options
    Oh hun that sounds like a really big amount of crap image
    I havent had a c section so cant understand how that feels but remember how fantastic you are doing considering your limitations!
    I got thrush (vaginal) a week ago and am on antibiotics for an infection too image its a real bummer as I forget them all the time.

I also have a history of DVT in my family but thankfully my results said I was fine, but its still a worry of mine.

Well done for keeping it together image you sound like you have a lot on your plate and anyone should be proud to look after a newborn with that many things happening. I couldn't normally cope with this sort of stuff healthy and now we're sleep deprived and everything!! We are all heroes image

xxxxxx
  • Options
    Totally gatecrashing but can't not reply - yes yes yes it does get better. I didn't have a c-section but did have Clexane injections through both pregnancies and for 6 weeks after my babies were born, and we both had thrush when ds was 5-6 weeks, so I can empathise with that. I found the injections harder after the babies were born as during pregnancy I could tell myself it was for them - but it's still for your baby now in a way, Jack needs you to stay well - and honestly hun, dd is 20 weeks now and the injecting seems a distant memory, even thought it was part of my daily routine for 10 months. And thrush is painful, I was warned about mastitis but not thrush but to me it's worse - do try to make sure you keep up with the medication, I know it's hard when you're shattered and your brain is full.

You've got a lot to contend with and are probably sleep deprived too - don't be too hard on yourself. Take it as easy as you can and enjoy your baby - in a few weeks all the tough bits will be a distant memory x
  • Options
    Oh hun just wanted to send you a really big hug xx I can't offer any advice but you sound like you are having a rough time and need it. My sister has to have the Claxine injections and she says they are like a bee sting, very uncomfy really hope you are feeling better soon, I am sure you will be back to normal in no time, although I appreciate it feels a long way off now xx
  • Options
    Oh hun, big hugs..thats a lot to deal with. It will get better though.. in a few weeks everything will be so much easier.

Not the same thing but after I had my son I was poorly (major blood loss, sky high blood pressure) and I was on iron tablets 1-3 times a day and blood pressure tablets 3 times a day for quite a while and feeling ill and weak because of it.

I think its harder too with your first when you are feeling bad cause everything is so new and overwhelming too.. but everything will get easier and you will feel better soon

xx
  • Options
    Aww it will get better...am telling myself this as I had an emergency c-section too.

I am really tired, can't get to Jacob quickly enough in the night as my scar hurts so much, can't move about too well either...but at least we have beautiful babies to show for all that pain!

xxx
  • Options
    Big hugs, it sounds like you are doing a fantastic job & have a very contented little boy.
    I had to have an emergency c-section & have been shocked by the amount of pain. This seemed to ease a couple of days ago & I felt much more mobile but now my scar has become redder & I'm worried it's infected.
    My boobs have been very hot & nipples more sensitive in the past couple of days so I'm going to get that checked too.
    I was hoping to avoid antibiotics but not sure that's realistic now. Going to try to rest more too to help body heal. Days seem to go so quickly so I'm not surprised you are finding it a lot to fit in.xx