Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else contemplating moving house??

My husband and I have been thinking of moving on-off over the past yr or so, but needed 'an excuse'! Now we have one!

We live in a small 3 bed roomed semi, its esentially a 2 down 3 up tbh, 3rd bedroom is a box room. We have spread ourselves over 3 rooms since moving in; our room, a study, and dressing room. we have a good back yard that we have half patio'd, our 2 dogs love it. But we'd love to upsize and move closer to family in one move.

We live anout 40 mins from his parents, 50mins from mine.

Thing is we live a nice wee commute from our workplaces, 30 mins max. So we may stay here until baby is perhaps 6-9months??

Any ideas??

Replies

• Options
    I have been trying to sell my 2 bedroom flat since last year and there has been no viewers at all!!!

I really wish someone would buy my house soon as I have my 1 year old and another on the way
  • Options
    we've been wondering about i for a while, we're currently in a first floor two bed flat, so a bit of extra room for a lo with be very handy indeed. We're looking around at houses near by and have probably decided it we want a house we'll have to move further away from work and our friends. Though it would be great not to have to lug everything up a flight of stairs, not having someone walking heavily across the ceiling and to have a garden.

I'm nervous about moving too far away given I know very few people here as it is (we're 400 miles from my family and even more from OH's).

OH will have a decision made on his pending promotion in May so we're currently holding off any big decision till then. That said we're fairly sure we'll be putting our flat on the market, the question is where will we move to.
  • Options
    We moved into a bigger house when I was pregnant last time - it was very stressful and I wouldn't do it again - then again I couldn't face moving with 2 children in tow either down the line.

Our house is big enough for all of us so I'll be staying put.
  • Options
    Thnaks for you replies girls,

Donald, I know property market is extremly slow at present. Another complication for us is that we bought this, our first house, at height of market in 2007, so to realistically move quick we will rent our house out and rent the new house. But we do need to move at the latest wen baby is 6 months old, co
  • Options
    We moved into our new house (detached 3 bed) 3 months ago - but its needed complete gutting - found out i was pregnant 6 weeks ago and OH is now desperatly trying to get it sorted bless him but its really hard!

We have no carpets anywhere, a half working bathroom, the sitting room still needs to be plastered and painted. There is so much to do its really stressing me out!

I long to be lying on a sofa in front of the TV but I have no idea when i will actually be able to do that!

The only place I can actually relax in any way is in bed!

So basically i don't know when to suggest you move but don't take on somewhere with loads of work especially with a newborn!