Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

IS it me or are the days dragging?

I have a very busy / stressful job and a very active toddler yet the days to 12 weeks seem to be taking forever!!

Do you think its cos I found out so early?

I'm 7 weeks today and found out at 3+4!!

Come on 12 week scan!!!

I've met with my community midwife who did the paperwork for thr referral for the hospital (booking in appointment and scan) but these haven't been processed yet so I'm not sure when the appointment is. Frustrating!!

Replies

• Options
    It probably is cos you found out so early chick.

I am just enjoying every minute (as well as worrying, lol!).

It does seem to drag but in the whole scheme of things goes so quick!

I can't believe that my first is going to be 3 in July and that seems like yesterday so I am making the most of every minute with this pregnancy as I plan it to be the second and last if all goes well!

xxxxx
  • Options
    Feels like that for me too! But I'm trying to relax, enjoy, and go with the flow! But yeah, you found out very early! I found out when I was almost 5 weeks methinks?

xxx
  • Options
    Crazy isn't it - I wasn't expecting to get a bfp when I tested. I just did it off chance really. So that seems like ages ago.

I didn't enjoy 1 day of my last pregnancy and I'm determined for it to be different this time!! BUt you know you never really relax until the 12 week scan - which for me is still 5 weeks away and we'll have all the easter bank holidays to contend with so no doubt it will be done late. Boo.

Sorry girls moan over.
  • Options
    I found out early to as it was IVF and the worrying absolutley kills me although I feel a bit more relaxed since I saw heartbeat on Tuesday. I can't beleive I am 8 weeks already but to the ivf dates i'm not 8 weeks till Thursday I just measured big on my scan. I haven't got my booking app till 13th April and don't think i'll get my scan till near 14 weeks cos if this app being so late image
  • Options
    yes I agree it is totally dragging I found out early as well, think I was about 3+6..........but I am booked for a scan today (I am so scared please wish me luck!!!!)
  • Options
    good luck Kristy

the days are definitely dragging. I was 5 weeks when I found out so it's only been 2 weeks it feels like it's been ages. I probably won't get to even meet a midwife till 12 weeks as the scan and booking in are apparently done together here. I keep telling myself each day is one day closer, its not helping much though.

I'm currently counting the days till 10 weeks when I go see my family and tell them. It's the closest thing I have to count down to so I'm hoping to split it that way. Only 23 days till I see my parents. Thats not that long is it.
  • Options
    I found out really early like you too and it definitely has dragged to get to to this point. I'm same as you with meeting the midwife nearly 2 weeks ago but not hearing anything back about booking in or scan yet, got my free treatment card thingie so I might treat myself to a dentists appointment to fill the gap (I'm a freak - I love the dentist!)

• Options
    These are the longest weeks of my life! I like ticking off another one every Thursday though. Unfortunately my 12 week scan is on 3rd may at 12+5 and I have an 11 day holiday just before it! It'll be our first anniversary so hopefully my mind will be distracted. :roll:
  • Options
    Its awful isn't it squeezed but at least you have your scan date and a nice holiday which will help the days pass.

Today has been one of the longest days since I found out!!
  • Options
    The days are definitely dragging for me. I think if the weather was nicer and I could get out a little bit with lo it would break the day up, but because the weather is poo and i feel sick all day, I just count the hours till hubby is home. He has just been made redundant (we are ok about it at the moment) and so he will be around every day for a little while so i'm hoping the days will go quicker now. 2 weeks tomorrow until my scan image haven't been thinking about it much, but when I do stop and think about it, it gives me butterflies, can't wait! Just hope everything is ok!
  • Options
    The days are dragging for me too i found out at 4 weeks and i thought it would fly by as i have a 19 month old but it just seems to be going soooo slowley!! Hurry up 12 weeks!!