Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6 week scan today....

Hi everyone,

Well, after a sleepness night I had my 6+1 week scan today, I managed to get lost in the hospital, I swear the QMC in Notts gets bigger every visit, but was seen straight away..I really wanted them to do it as soon as possible but there was a registrar with the sonographer training in ultrasound who wanted a go... image

After they were chatting for what seemed like ages, the sonographer seemed to notice that I was just lying there looking a bit perplexed and suddenly said 'let's let mum see her baby'...it was amazing, perfect size and strong heartbeat, I cried! The funny thing was the reg apparently HAD to find my ovaries as part of her training for today but couldnt at first so kept jabbing away even though I was quietly squeaking :lol: Im pretty sore now after all the poking and prodding. Got my little pic too. Fingers crossed now till 12 week scan. Due date Nov 22nd. I also asked if its safe to DTD in first trimester after previous m/c and the nurse was brilliant she said its down to personal preference but most ladies feel that grim that they would rather watch a box set of Sex and the City whist chomping on a family sized bag of Doritos :lol::lol:

Great news Jen Jen..but bad luck with the infection, get loads of rest. xx

Replies

• Options
    thats great Writer
  • Options
    G/C but just wanted to say yay for your scan going well Writer! And i know what you mean about QMC, its HUGE!

xxx.
  • Options
    wow fantastic newsimage i had my scan today at 6+6 and couldn't believe there is actually a baby in there!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone..im just sitting here staring at the pic in a daze! Worrying about being sore but I guess that's normal..has anyone else experienced that?

Looby - are you a Notts girl too then? Think I saw you mention Rock City and did wonder image My sister is a sister (slightly confusing!!) at Queens so she dropped me off to avoid their hellish parking facilities :roll: Hope you are feeling better now, you have been so strong chick.

Em xx
  • Options
    glad yours went well too Kirsty
  • Options
    Hello writer, yes I am a bit sore too, I kept asking @we won't hurt anything will we@ she was moving it around like there is no tomorrow, saying, I'm only in your vagina, not your uterus, we cannot hurt your baby.....well I did feel her in my vagina that's for sure!!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    ooh Kristy..I feel your pain there hun, its okish when it first goes in (tmi lol) its when they move it up and down like a learner driver's first time using a gear stick! image

Also the sonographer said 'im pushing quite hard on your abdomen I know, but relax!' when they did the original abdo one, blimey the things we go through to make sure our bubs are ok..went round to my parents on way home (well, via KFC as craving their chicken..lol, any excuse) and my mum had her new fangled hand held mixer out, to say it looked familiar was an understatement! :lol:

Em x
  • Options
    hahahhahahaha, yes I'm not sure I would like to use one to prepare my dinner tonight image I wish you didn't tell me that now they will never look the same again to me image
  • Options
    sorry!! I said to my mum all it needs is a condom and that lubey stuff, make a great omelette :lol: oh dear, think ive lost it today, must be the hormones...x

just noticed I posted wrong pic..meant to put the one of me in NYC heavily jet lagged..try will again!
  • Options
    haha, what is that a nice cocktail mixed with hand held mixer image
  • Options
    Come on Writer - we need some pics here!! :lol:

To be honest, hubby and I had a little *ahem* session on Sunday. Didn't go fully in as I was a little tight/sore (sorry TMI!!!) but we were both happy to have a little frisky fun romp!image

xxxx
  • Options
    don't be sorry Redhead, I nearly posted a thread here under @anonymous@ about that, decided against at the end, but wanted to ask couple of questions (as we have been exactly the same, good to know we are not the only ones!)
  • Options
    Aww congrats, lovely news!!! I'm craving KFC too!!!! Mmmm jealous!!! xxx
  • Options
    Glad everything went well for you! With regards to DTD I was having some issues with this but we have done it and was fine but its totally up to how you feel. I didn't O though, I'm scared it will shake the baby out image !

• Options
    Oh don't worry broodyshoes. It doesn't shake the baby outimage Gives the baby a nice boost of happiness methinks! :lol:

xxx
  • Options
    Thats fab - so pleased all went well.
  • Options
    Glad you saw your bubs and everythings ok, I'm from Notts plan to deliver at QMC this time although the parking is a massive issue!!!!
  • Options
    Oh well, if it makes baby happy then Redhead, it seems like the right thing to do... :lol:

• Options
    Thanks for all your nice messages, that cocktail wasnt mixed with a hand held mixer/probe (what HAVE I started by saying that??)

My sister and I went to Katz diner where the infamous Big O scene was in When Harry Met Sally and then went to what we thought was a glamourous bar in an old brownstone building (looked like the house in the Cosby's, showing my age there lol) it turned out to a drag queen bar with karaoke, probably one of the best nights we ever had.

I will try and get a pic up when we have found the usb cable to OH's new i-phone. We have decided to get a private scan at 9ish weeks as I don't think I can wait till 12 weeks,having a previous m/c makes you so nervous. The nurse said today that due to the only experience I have of pregnancy is a m/c naturally I will be nervous for a long time.

We have DTD once since BFP but strangely enough used protection as my midwife said, science bit coming up, the acidity of semen can sometimes affect your cervix, not sure how true this is but gave it a go. I was scared to let go for all the same reasons you have said but it was fine, and had a great nights sleep after! Think we will just go with the flow but as my m/s really hitting me at night its the last thing I fancy doing..hence being on here at 11.15pm image

MummyA - I've decided to go to the QMC this time around instead of Notts City, the EPAC unit have been amazing and know the place pretty well. Have told my sis I hope to go into labour on a day when she is doing long days/nights at the hosp so I can get a lift in to avoid the dreaded trek to the Hooleys car park!

Oooh, what a gab, like I've said before us journalists can waffle on image

Night all, Em xx