Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm proud to present....

.....my baby image hahahha can you see it somewhere in there!!!! I had 6+6 scan today, there is a baby!!!!!!! with a heartbeat!!!!!! I'm still not sure what I'm looking at exactly on the picture and am actually in shock as I have stopped believing I would ever say this.......I have a baby with a heartbeat inside me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD so so so so so so happy.........so for the rest of the day, I will not be worried image cannot believe it image

We have another scan booked with our clinic (part of the procedure) in exactly two weeks so please keep your fingers crossed we keep going strong......but for today........it's such a surreal feeling, there is actually another heart beating inside me!!!!!

I can spread the love around today image PS: baby looks beautiful, must be taking after me!!!! image))

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq80/khawkett/Scan110880002.jpg

Replies

• Options
    now I scanned it and it's bigger the sack looks in a shape of a heart !!!
  • Options
    thats great Kirsty image
  • Options
    Thanks clalee, I think I am making myself sick with shining with happiness today......
  • Options
    I keep looking at your scan pic thinking our lo will be about that size now. It seems unreal and brilliant imagining it, it must be so much more brilliant seeing the little heart beating.
  • Options
    yes you are the same as me image I couldn't see the heart as such, she said @I will add some colours in@ and then one red and one blue dot appeared next to each other and starting flicking really fast, she said that's the heart beat!!! I wanted to see it for longer, but she obviously had to get on with her day ..... what I can tell you however is that I was told I measure exactly 6+6 days, so if you are exactly the same, then your baby is 8.6 mms long!! not very long is it!! image
  • Options
    oh the 8.6 mms is the actual baby, the gestational sac is 13.7 mms....
  • Options
    Seeing the heartbeat is the most incredible experience imaginable. Congrats to you!!! xx
  • Options
    thank you Redhead, it still feels unreal.....why does your baby look much tidier than mine hahhaa
  • Options
    Haha tidier! Love it! :lol: If you mean about the clarity - it's cos I had an internal one at 6+2 whereas it looks like yours was the usual external scan? xx
  • Options
    tidier indeed image mine was internal, but the scanning really made the picture worse. Looks like yours is at the bottom of the sac, mine in the middle (beautiful after mummy, greedy after daddy!!!)
  • Options
    it's not very long, but it's a great start. image
  • Options
    Aww lovely news congrats!!! xx
  • Options
    Congrats what a lovely pic! We're 6 + 5 today so I'm proper cooing over your pic!!

• Options
    thats ace - well done you!!

you must be beaming.

my pics were always a little blurry as I have a reverted uterus that makes scanning harder!!
  • Options
    I can feel your happiness through my laptop, I am so pleased for you hunny its nice that you get another scan with your treatment I only got 1 but 1 is better than none. I know exactly what you mean when you never thought you would see a heartbeat inside you its amazing. xx
  • Options
    Thank you girls, it's really lovely of you to take time to comment on my little picture image

I've been so excited i didn't even need my after work nap (which I've had to have for the past 2 weeks!) which means it's not even 9pm and I'm going to bed I can't keep my eyes open!!
  • Options
    Rock and Roll pregnancy isn't it!
  • Options
    Beautiful, so so pleased for you image

Our first scan is booked for April 20th, so we'll know if things are going ok in time to tell my inlaws at Easter, which will be my 12th week so things are panning out surprisingly well, just hoping we get that heartbeat on the day, I'm so scared there'll be nothing there!!! Fingers crossed image

xxx
  • Options
    ah how lovely and how excited are you - what a great feeling it is to see that heartbeat

xxx
  • Options
    Congrats you must be so pleased :O)