Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Morning Sickness

Anyone else just got it in the mornings? I had it really quite bad when I first got it all day but now its only bad in the mornings, case in point - I just guzzled down 2 massive slices of the cheesiest pizza ever!!

I was panicking when it first happened when it went away in the afternoon but then hubby said it is called morning sickness and I was like oh yes it is isn't it, I'd forgotten and presumed I would have it aaaaallllll day :S

Can baby brain happen this early??! :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Suprisingly morning sickness can last all day, not just mornings, the reason they call it morning sickness is because most women feel sicker when they have empty stomachs, eg, before breakfast. Women who don't get it, or only have it for a certain time of day are just really lucky!! Every woman reacts differently to hormones, I personally get horrendous sickness that lasts all day, and I normally lose a lot of weight with it (I do have some to spare tho!)

Don't worry if the sickness lessens or disappears, ur nody is probably just getting used to it!

And baby brain can defo start this early!! X
  • Options
    I don't know I've not had any!! I feel a bit sick around midday and then in the afternoon, but it's just few seconds and it goes......but hope you feel better soon image
  • Options
    Mine is on and off all day and worse when I'm driving.

I was driving to a meeting today and was sick on my lap. Nice.
  • Options
    I feel sick all day everyday! It's so horrible. I've been trying to eat healthily and keep up my exercise, but all I want to eat is carby foods and sleep!! Hoping it subsides soon, but it lasted 16 weeks with my son, so not holding out much hope!
  • Options
    Isn't it strange how we all suffer so differently?! I only get it in the evenings - which means I can only eat a tiny tiny amounts for tea. I find the sound of adverts makes me feel even more queasy, mute button is a fantastic invention, now I just need one for the radio!!

xxx
  • Options
    Eeewww @ MrsNaps - what did you do??! image

Even with it just in the mornings the thought of another 5+ maybe weeks of this is scaring me. I love to eat and hate being hungry and this is driving me bananas! I'm finding really bland food helps, like things with not much aroma - my nose can't take it! And watery fruit is nice but doesn't fill me up but its like having a nice refreshing drink, and coke is helping - to make me burp!