Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New due date

Just been to midwife as doctor got the due date wrong I thought I would be due early dec due to my 35 day cycles but midwife says 28th Nov so could be either thought I would check in and say Hello. Got my booking in appointment on the 9th May seems ages away image

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to DIN.

I know the feeling thinking the booking in is ages away apparently I get mine at the same time as my 12 week scan I'm not 12 weeks till the 4th May. I haven't heard anything from the midwife though so I'm still hoping for a slightly earlier date.
  • Options
    I will be 9 and a half weeks by then. I thought I would feel more nauseous than I have been this is my second pregnancy didnt think I would worry as much because of being through it before but think I am worrying more? Hope you can get an earlier scan date from the midwifeimage
  • Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I have my booking in with my scan when I will be 11 weeks!! I think I am much more nervous this time round which is so weird, I also feel worse too bleeuurggh!!! Looking forward to getting to 12 weeks!! xx
  • Options
    Hi and welcome by booking is late to its rubbish x
  • Options
    my nausea only kicked in just over a week ago when I was about 5+5.It's ether slightly better now or I'm learning to manage it better. I now only feel sick if I don't eat for a while or i eat too much. Ok that and a few different smells set me off.

I was a nervous wreck for the first week or so, I've calmed down a bit now (possibly since the MS kicked in) and have accepted what will be will be and there's not much i can do about it by worrying. We'll see how long that lasts.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, It is rubbish having to wait so long for booking appointment and bloods etc think I will be a nervous wreck by then just waiting for the sicknesss to set in now. Glad your morning sickness has settled a bit Clalee who have you all told so far? I have went a bit mad since I am only 5 weeks told DH's mam, my mam, my dad, my sister, my brother and my neice I am hopeless at keeping secrets lol image
  • Options
    we're told no one and its killing me, I really want to be able to tell my mum, and my sister would be able to give me more info on the different pataus tests since her youngest is only 3 (we're both carriers as is my mum). I'd love to be able to talk to them about it. But we live 400 miles from our families and we're seeing them at easter. Since it's "not that long away" we thought it would be lovely to tell them face to face. Which it will be but I've still got to wait another three weeks (I'll be 10 weeks then).

We also think one of our friends will guess before then with me being half asleep all the time feeling rubbish and not drinking. We've agreed if she asks to tell her but otherwise tell her when we've had the 12 week scan which hopefully won't be much later than we get back after easter.
  • Options
    It will be well worth the wait to see their faces image Only 3 weeks to go. I know what you mean about friends guessing I have definetly put on a few pounds around my middle just waiting for the morning sickness to kick it, hopefully I will be one of those extemely lucky ladies who dont get itimage touch wood. Are you having much MS?
  • Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I've not actually been sick but am getting waves of nausea, usually in the morning or if I haven't eaten for a while. So all plans of not eating much extra have gone out the window and I'm now eating as soon as I start to feel in the least bit hungry. This is causing extra problems as my digestive system seems to be on a go slow, but it seems a bit of prune juice every morning is helping with that even though it smells and tastes vile. The healthier eating can come later when I don't feel ill, well hopefully.
  • Options
    I am starting to get waves of nausea here and there. I know what you mean about apetite I feel starving then start eating and feel full really quickly? Congrats on the BFPs littlelynsuk and Mummy A you can join us and hopefully the days will drag a little bit less. What are you all doing for Mothers day I am going out for a meal today instead with the family. image